Am I the only one?

colatkitty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
997 GT3, Z4M
I see all these threads of pre-ordering, putting down deposits, worries about dealer allocation, etc., etc.. I would rather sit on the sideline and wait a while for the hype to die down before jumping in. I will never pay over MSRP for any car. Also, first year model runs tend to still have some minor issues/bugs that needs to be worked out.

Am I the only one here that is not in a rush to get one of the first batches of GT350's off the lots?
Sponsored

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
No, you're not. I'm in the same boat.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I checked with my local dealer and 1 other. I'm not chasing a car. I can wait and will just enjoy my GTPP for another year or two and then hopefully i will see what I want at a dealer and just go get it after I see more about the car. For 20 K ADM I would just by another GTPP and whipple both of them. lol

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Nope. My biggest concern is the new FPC and only the FPC.

obiwandado

15 Deep Impact EB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I'm in a similar boat, but waiting mostly because I don't wanna buy pre winter. I'd rather wait to take delivery after march because this will be my daily driver.

That way I can put off buying a dedicated winter wheel/tire setup for another 9 months or so.

Works out perfectly!

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I absolutely am not willing to pay over msrp, but am thrilled to be #2 on my dealers list (with deposit in place) at msrp. As per issues with 1st model year, I had a 2005 gt and currently drive a 2011 gt. Both have been fundamentally FLAWLESS.

I am unconcerned with the possible gremlins poping up. Perhaps I will end up paying for that. But, until then, I'll enjoy the heck out of it.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I'm in a similar boat, but waiting mostly because I don't wanna buy pre winter. I'd rather wait to take delivery after march because this will be my daily driver.

That way I can put off buying a dedicated winter wheel/tire setup for another 9 months or so.

Works out perfectly!
Winter was my major concern also(well that and an upcoming ankle surgery). The dealer I am working with now has said they will hold the order/car and expect delivery about 9 months from now anyway. I've heard that allocations were divided into quarters so I guess this makes sense if the get a latter allocation. If you wait too long to secure an allocation you will be looking at a 2017 model.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I think that there are quite a few people who are getting MSRP deals. There are some ADM horror stories especially out on the west coast. I am not worried about firt year model year problems. I currently drive a 2005 SALEEN S-281 SC and I have had no problems out of it besides having to replace an alternator. The FPC engine was thouroughly developed and tested. I don't think there will be major issues with the car.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Nope. My biggest concern is the new FPC and only the FPC.
If the FPC is to be available as a crate option, which was already eluded to by Ford reps...

Then I wonder if it is more cost effective to fit a FPC into a GTPP or to fit it with either a whipple SC or Helion TC kit?...

The gains even from an eliminator 5.0 crate would likely be a bigger ROI on HP?

???

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Would love to buy right away at MSRP (or maybe up to $2500 markup).

Unable to find a deal like that so far, so I'm OK waiting for things to settle (but will still call dealers now and then to see what they might accept).

Not worried about first year issues. I have a 2003 350Z (pre-ordered that one and shopped around to avoid a $10,000 markup some of the idiot bay area dealers were trying to foist upon buyers), and it has been an awesome car.

-T

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I see all these threads of pre-ordering, putting down deposits, worries about dealer allocation, etc., etc.. I would rather sit on the sideline and wait a while for the hype to die down before jumping in. I will never pay over MSRP for any car. Also, first year model runs tend to still have some minor issues/bugs that needs to be worked out.

Am I the only one here that is not in a rush to get one of the first batches of GT350's off the lots?
yes. ;)

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch

No you're not the only one. I absolutely love everything about the new GT350 but its too new. As far as I know this is Ford's first attempt at a high revving high HP FPC v8. Sure they tested the hell out of it, but I have my doubts that it'll be 100% reliable making 100 hp/L NA. I'll sit on the sidelines to see the issues that will surely come up. I love the car for sure, but not enough to buy one new over MSRP to have it in the garage for repairs. Who knows maybe it will be as good as we hope.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
If the FPC is to be available as a crate option, which was already eluded to by Ford reps...

Then I wonder if it is more cost effective to fit a FPC into a GTPP or to fit it with either a whipple SC or Helion TC kit?...

The gains even from an eliminator 5.0 crate would likely be a bigger ROI on HP?

???
That's a good question. I bet the crate motor price is going to be significant coin.

Me personally. I would do a Whipple or ProCharger setup vs. buying a crate motor FPC.

If NA was the goal I would look at what Livernois could offer on the parts front. I think they have some serious NA power options available.

As a side note regarding my concerns on a first year FPC. I bought a new 03 Cobra which was the first run of those SC 4v's and the engine was bulletproof. Ran it with a custom dyno tune for about 4.5years with zero issues at 464rwhp/481rwtq. Hopefully the FPC shines like this. Ford seems to do well with new poweplant releases.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Well, I want it now...so Ford can use me as a guinea pig to find the gremlins...no problem...it has a warranty. Also I do not have a sports car..I miss it...so what if it has some small problems. can not be any worst than my 2012 Ram 4x4 diesel....I went through 2 computers and was in the shop for at least 6 items. I got a rental so it was no big deal... I would of hated to own this truck with no warranty that's for sure...

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No you're not the only one. I absolutely love everything about the new GT350 but its too new. As far as I know this is Ford's first attempt at a high revving high HP FPC v8. Sure they tested the hell out of it, but I have my doubts that it'll be 100% reliable making 100 hp/L NA. I'll sit on the sidelines to see the issues that will surely come up. I love the car for sure, but not enough to buy one new over MSRP to have it in the garage for repairs. Who knows maybe it will be as good as we hope.
Couldn''t get on a list huh? Sorry. Truly.
Sponsored