Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I don't think you're crazy. Due to a potential voluntary relocation to a state where it wouldn't makes sense to have a R just to drive 3-4 months out of the year, I've considered a similar trade myself recently. More likely, I'll just sell it private party though and pick up a Raptor. Like you, I love, love, love the GT350R but a truck makes much more sense to me in the future.

Oh man. Hate to hear that. :/ I'm still working on Ryan to get an R.
Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Doesn't seem like a bad agreement at all. Plus, you won't have to worry about a cooler on the 18. Are you getting the 18 and Raptor at sticker?

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Doesn't seem like a bad agreement at all. Plus, you won't have to worry about a cooler on the 18. Are you getting the 18 and Raptor at sticker?
Yes

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Nah. I've been thinking on it for a good while. Going back and forth. What finally made my decision was two things.

1. 18s were confirmed
2. Dealers are 100% starting to understand the market and do see a difference with tech packs. I'm just bummed I didn't sell six months ago. I could've made $1000 bucks on it. Same car on an Instacash offer was $10K more a year ago. 57K vs 47K

As far as the Raptor. I had a 13 that I did sell about 6 months ago for just over $2000 under what I paid for it. If I had waited on selling that, I would have sold it for far less. The market absolutely dropped in the last couple of months, unless youre selling a well modded one. I'm assuming as far as controversy, you're referring to the V6 vs V8 argument. I know a few that have taken delivery of their trucks and they all had previous gen Raptors. Every single one of them emphatically states it's a better truck. Some like the sound and others don't, but I think the aftermarket will help get a little more turbo sound out of it. Yeah it's a V6 and will never sound like a V8, but that's not a bad thing
We had 2 Raptors we traded a year ago and got really good money for both. Still have a low mile '14 in my garage now but holding onto that one for the time being. If I were to get a '17 that one would be traded in on it but the truck will really have to impress me for that to happen. I'm going into it with an open mind but still don't think it will be the next big thing for me. Everything I drive is loud and sounds good and that's where my issue with the '17 will be. I know a lot of people won't care and it will be the perfect truck for them though. The 6.2's are gas hogs to say the least but we all knew that going into it. The better MPG's will appeal to more people in the long run.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
We had 2 Raptors we traded a year ago and got really good money for both. Still have a low mile '14 in my garage now but holding onto that one for the time being. If I were to get a '17 that one would be traded in on it but the truck will really have to impress me for that to happen. I'm going into it with an open mind but still don't think it will be the next big thing for me. Everything I drive is loud and sounds good and that's where my issue with the '17 will be. I know a lot of people won't care and it will be the perfect truck for them though. The 6.2's are gas hogs to say the least but we all knew that going into it. The better MPG's will appeal to more people in the long run.
Not to mention the added power and much better power curve, 10 speed and paddle shifters and overall what should be a much better truck. My super cab 6.2 raptor sounded good.. and it gave you plenty of time to hear it. It was by far the biggest disappointment in my 2010, I absolutely could not imagine having one of the early 5.4l trucks.