Sponsored

alignment issue???

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
So I picked up my ecoboost on Monday and have been driving it all good no issues but yesterday I brought it to my close friends mechanic shop so he can look at it and we put it on the lift to see how everything under the car looks and the new set up. On that point the new suspension set up is a true sports car the front suspension is very similar to bmw and back is amazing. Now to the issue, my friend test drove the car and he liked it alot and said that it is the best mustang he drove handling wise but he pointed out the alignment was off. It doesnt really pull to either side when u let go of the steering wheel but the wheel is slightly crooked to the right which I didnt notice but since he told me I paid closer attention and he is correct. When I hold the steering wheel dead center the car starts to go slightly left. Anyone else have this issue???
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
What was the crown of the road like? Try it in a flat parking lot. Roads have a crown for water run off.

OP
OP

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was the crown of the road like? Try it in a flat parking lot. Roads have a crown for water run off.
I drove it for 80 miles on all different roads

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Anything is possible! Take it back to the dealer and have it put up on the alignment rack. I'm sure it is a warranty item.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So I picked up my ecoboost on Monday and have been driving it all good no issues but yesterday I brought it to my close friends mechanic shop so he can look at it and we put it on the lift to see how everything under the car looks and the new set up. On that point the new suspension set up is a true sports car the front suspension is very similar to bmw and back is amazing. Now to the issue, my friend test drove the car and he liked it alot and said that it is the best mustang he drove handling wise but he pointed out the alignment was off. It doesnt really pull to either side when u let go of the steering wheel but the wheel is slightly crooked to the right which I didnt notice but since he told me I paid closer attention and he is correct. When I hold the steering wheel dead center the car starts to go slightly left. Anyone else have this issue???
I had this issue on my G37. It's not a big deal. I am guessing that the steering wheel was not centered when the car was aligned at the factory. Just take it back to the dealer and have them align it again (don't let them charge you).

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Don't know if this holds true today or not. It used to be the belief that when the cars were tied down during transport it messed with the alignment. I don't remember what the recommendation was but it seemed like drive it for A few hundred miles to let everything get settled in good and tidy, then take it in and get it properly aligned.

Maybe someone in the mechanical world of alignments and or the know will chime in and confirm or deny it as rubbish, I honestly don't know now days how they secure cars.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
When alignment is done... its usually done true flat plane from the factory... depending on your region many roads and highways have a crown or are banked for water runoff... many alignments are done true for your region is what one alignment guy told me... I do not know how true that is though because it does not make sense to me to an extent... but generally... your car will trend to want to turn in the downhill direction

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
When alignment is done... its usually done true flat plane from the factory... depending on your region many roads and highways have a crown or are banked for water runoff... many alignments are done true for your region is what one alignment guy told me... I do not know how true that is though because it does not make sense to me to an extent... but generally... your car will trend to want to turn in the downhill direction
Yep. I used to bring my stuff to an old (70-80) guy to align my cars. He was the only one who understood the process and our roads. I spent many times arguing with $10/hr Alignment techs who would show me on their fancy machine how it was in "spec" Green is good. Hi, I'm paying you to do an alignment, not tell me how good I am doing it in the driveway with a tape measure with my Mom holding the other end of the tape. Set it to the spec number A-Hole and earn your money.

I found out about the old guy from my Uncle who brought his Original '69 Mach 1, the he bought new and some shop told him they needed to porta power the car to align it. He quickly discovered said old man who aligned it :)

OP
OP

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I called dealer today and they told me to bring it in right away and once they hooked it up to the alignment machine they did notice it was off to and they corrected ot. Issue solved. My problem was not that the car was pulling when I let the steering go it was that the wheel was a little crooked to the right. If I corrected the wheel perfectly atraight then it would start to go a little left

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I have had my 2010 GT realigned a couple of times at my dealership. Both done by the oldest mechanic in the shop. He asked if I usually drove it by myself and what my weight was! Driving it from the shop, I couldn't believe it. On an empty road with a slight crowning and no side wind, the GT would track perfectly straight! I finally grabbed the wheel because I didn't know how far she would steer perfectly on her own.
When I went in to order my TY convertible I was informed that he had retired. I nearly cried.

Tim Hillard...totally agree. I had a Jeep Liberty that had an engine which would stall after the first warm stop. It always started ok even at -10F, but would stall down to 400 rpms at the very first traffic stop after the engine warmed up. Then everything was fine until the engine was totally cold. Two different Jeep dealerships looked at with their $100,000 diagnostic machines. Never found anything wrong, but it would stall out for them, too. Eventually they both said that they would have to replace all of the microchips running the engine until they found which one might be defective. Of course, it was just out of warranty. Estimated repair was $1500. I finally brought it to a third dealership...the oldest mechanic came out, drove it, stalled it. Opened the hood, replaced one chip, and it ran like a kitten ever since.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
So does anyone know how to get the steering wheel centered without going back to the dealer? Mine will def pull left if I hold it straight

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Centering the wheel is almost step #1 in any alignment. Ford covers 12M/12K for a problem like this.
Sponsored