Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Hey Fellow Austinite!

Where are you getting your E85 from? I'm having the exact issues as you are but I am tuned by AED using sct. (Extremely difficult Flex relearns, Surging idle/stalling at low speeds) I wonder if there is some bad E85 in the area? Ive been getting mine at the HEB at techridge but I'm going to try some different stations/brands in the hopes to resolve these issues.(Or at least verify its not a fuel issue)
That's where I've been getting mine. Another option further north at Valero off Old Settlers. Otherwise, a few stations south. There's a VP racing fuels in Hutto that costs a little more but might be the highest quality.
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
After I flashed the E85R then back to flex at a gas station off the interstate I stopped at, I had my cruise control set at 75 mph in 5th gear on the highway and drove like that for 15 miles and couldn't get it to set. I was sitting at about 3500 rpm during that time.
Definitely sounds like something is off in the tune then. Honestly in my opinion the FF tune is more of a "just in case" to keep on the NGauge. Whenever I would go on a trip I ran 93, if I was going on a longer cruise I would fill up with whatever I was currently on before leaving. E85 is great but filling up every 3 days got old when I daily drove it, not too mention there is only one station within 25 miles that offers it here. If it was as widely available as 93 in my area I would probably be more inclined to run it, but I switched to 93 last fall and have been on it since.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Definitely sounds like something is off in the tune then. Honestly in my opinion the FF tune is more of a "just in case" to keep on the NGauge. Whenever I would go on a trip I ran 93, if I was going on a longer cruise I would fill up with whatever I was currently on before leaving. E85 is great but filling up every 3 days got old when I daily drove it, not too mention there is only one station within 25 miles that offers it here. If it was as widely available as 93 in my area I would probably be more inclined to run it, but I switched to 93 last fall and have been on it since.
Yeah, I may go to the E85 tune since this isn't my daily and I have a station that consistently tests high on alch % content. Once I go FI, I'm staying with 93 most likely.

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
my alcohol learned flag is not available on my n guage tuner....(just got lund flex fuel tune) I updated my n gauge tuner... still not there... can anyone help?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Zelelk,

It sounds to me like your MAF is not calibrated correctly.

I've got a 17 with a CAI and mine learns in about 5 miles. I'm self tuned and my MAF is spot on. Less than 3%.

Download VCM scanner and log stft and ltft along with MAF period. Then do a math STFT+LTFT vs MAF period on a histogram. That will tell you if the MAF is calibrated properly. I like to see negative numbers, that means it is pulling fuel, no higher than 3 in any cell.
Sponsored