Coyote 16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Another Evaporator

Well it is official I just joined the club. On Saturday we were enjoying a WA S550 Mustang cruise through the hills when the air con stopped working it was 35 degrees Brillant!
My local dealership confirmed the bad news today the evaporator needs replacing. Unfortunately they were unable to give me an ETA as the part is on back order.

Not enjoying the thought of the dash being pulled out. :frusty:

Is it just the 15 and 16s that have these issues or are the 17s also experiencing this?

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Anyone here had to get this fixed in Melbourne?
Which Dealer did you go to? (Looking for someone with experience taking out the dashboard...)

Cheers,

Erez

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Anyone here had to get this fixed in Melbourne?
Which Dealer did you go to? (Looking for someone with experience taking out the dashboard...)

Cheers,

Erez
I haven’t had to do this but Coffee Ford in Dandenong have a very good body shop with a Mustang enthusiast. They have done other work for me and were top notch.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is on the way out again - driver's side blowing warm, passenger side cool.

The dealer's band aid solution of replacing the "faulty" schrader valve and a re-gas lasted a whole five months. Hopefully they'll bite the bullet and fix it properly this time (kind of relieved it's happened again whilst still under warranty).

Seems like the hot weather of late is hastening the demise of a few evaporators.

Sponsored

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
GT 3Y (delivered 07 Sep. 2016 - 2017 specs)
Going in next Thursday. They said it will take 3 days at least, so weekend is included. Anyway, fingers crossed...

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
Well it is official I just joined the club. On Saturday we were enjoying a WA S550 Mustang cruise through the hills when the air con stopped working it was 35 degrees Brillant!
My local dealership confirmed the bad news today the evaporator needs replacing. Unfortunately they were unable to give me an ETA as the part is on back order.

Not enjoying the thought of the dash being pulled out. :frusty:

Is it just the 15 and 16s that have these issues or are the 17s also experiencing this?
Mine is a '17 and I am having the same issue...

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
After getting mine regassed in April last year, it is blowing warm air again. The regas lasted 9 months, around 10 hours driving per week. Now I also have a loud noise, like transmission whine, when the A/C is on.

Last time my dealer had a theory of the car coming with low gas from factory, but this disproves it.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
After getting mine regassed in April last year, it is blowing warm air again. The regas lasted 9 months, around 10 hours driving per week. Now I also have a loud noise, like transmission whine, when the A/C is on.

Last time my dealer had a theory of the car coming with low gas from factory, but this disproves it.
Yours was initially "repaired" a little earlier than mine.

In fairness, I'll let you go first.

:thumbsup:

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)

Have the same noise after regassing; like a turbine as you accelerate. I will ask tomorrow as I am getting it repaired.

Sponsored

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
Have the same noise after regassing; like a turbine as you accelerate. I will ask tomorrow as I am getting it repaired.
It is the AC compressor. I have the same thing and am waiting for a replacement to come in stock.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, and now they both go within a week of each other - it must be the heat.
Probably - I could also count on one hand the number of times I've had it out of the garage this month. There's obviously a reason that I don't see many/any reports of failed air conditioning systems on the UK sub-forum.

Are you taking it to our local dealer?

[MENTION=15485]MustangDownUnder[/MENTION] had his evaporator replaced there and they apparently did a good job.

I hope not to get fobbed off with another band aid fix this time.