Sponsored

Aircon stopped working

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Are you taking it to our local dealer?

[MENTION=15485]MustangDownUnder[/MENTION] had his evaporator replaced there and they apparently did a good job.

I hope not to get fobbed off with another band aid fix this time.
I'm going to Rockdale. They are booked for the rest of this month, but they said to bring it by to have a look so they can at least order parts. I rang our local to see if they could fit me in but they're also booked out.

If it's the compressor, that's in the engine bay and should be stress free. If it's the evaporator, that will be scary. It's good to know that our local has some experience with it, I'll be sure to ask Rockdale their experience with replacing the evaporator if it comes to it.
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just had a very unpleasant drive to Cronulla - it's gone out totally now and smells like a mouldy towel.

Booked in for Tuesday week. I suspect I'll be told to bring it back god knows when once they get the parts in.

The endless summer.

Coyote 16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Yea once it goes its not pleasant driving in summer, then the wait for the replacement parts. The joys! Hopefully all good once fixed.

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Looks like I need a new evaporator. My dealer has one guy do it, and he's fixed 5 cars already.

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
GT 3Y (delivered 07 Sep. 2016 - 2017 specs)
Got mine today. Both the evaporator and the compressor had been replaced. Dashboard looks good as for now. Looks like they did a very good job. Total time Thursday to Monday (they said they did also some testing during the weekend, before they closed the dashboard)

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I need a new evaporator. My dealer has one guy do it, and he's fixed 5 cars already.
Any idea how long the wait for the parts will be?

Got mine today. Both the evaporator and the compressor had been replaced. Dashboard looks good as for now. Looks like they did a very good job. Total time Thursday to Monday (they said they did also some testing during the weekend, before they closed the dashboard)
Sounds like a good result.

I'll be taking plenty of photos and video of the dash before they start ripping it out.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Driving around with the driver's window open has given me a new appreciation of the Borla goodness.

Deep, smooth & throaty V8 which you don't generally hear with the windows up.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Earliest they could do it was 2 weeks' time, so I assume the parts will arrive by then.
Hopefully they will take pity and give mine a recharge next week when it goes in for diagnosis.

Won't be holding my breath, though.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Hey what amount of klms are you guys seeing this happen at ?
11000 or so this time - was around 7000 when it first failed.

Sponsored

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
Now I have been back the second time . the first time the dealer scoffed at suggestions it was the evaporator. they regassed it and that lasted 2 months so I took it back. now they told me the dash has to come out and it is 90% chance of it being the evaporator. following this thread I mentioned to them could they check part availability before they take out the dash but they said that is not possible . They have to check evaporator , then if faulty contact ford then order part . I am worried if they remove the dash then wait for parts then I could be stuck without a car for a long period . There is no loan car for another month so I wanted fixed before then , this heat wave is killing me. The other annoying thing is they did not re-gas the unit so I am driving around in January in Sydney for 2 more weeks without air-conditioning

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Now I have been back the second time . the first time the dealer scoffed at suggestions it was the evaporator. they regassed it and that lasted 2 months so I took it back. now they told me the dash has to come out and it is 90% chance of it being the evaporator. following this thread I mentioned to them could they check part availability before they take out the dash but they said that is not possible . They have to check evaporator , then if faulty contact ford then order part.
What a crock of shit.

Try another dealer.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
[MENTION=22899]watchman[/MENTION] must be a pretty well informed dealer then, what a goose.

Could you please PM me the name of the dealer so I know which one to avoid.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
@watchman must be a pretty well informed dealer then, what a goose.

Could you please PM me the name of the dealer so I know which one to avoid.
I noticed my air con was dead about a month ago . it may have happened earlier but don't use it in winter . the car is now 19 months old . I took it to Brad Garlick the dealer and mentioned this thread and the evaporator . The head of service scoffed saying they have never had any evaporator failures , they said it was out of gas and there was no leak so regassed it . the unit is working for now but I have a feeling I will be back!
There's your answer.

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
GT 3Y (delivered 07 Sep. 2016 - 2017 specs)
Now I have been back the second time . the first time the dealer scoffed at suggestions it was the evaporator. they regassed it and that lasted 2 months so I took it back. now they told me the dash has to come out and it is 90% chance of it being the evaporator. following this thread I mentioned to them could they check part availability before they take out the dash but they said that is not possible . They have to check evaporator , then if faulty contact ford then order part . I am worried if they remove the dash then wait for parts then I could be stuck without a car for a long period . There is no loan car for another month so I wanted fixed before then , this heat wave is killing me. The other annoying thing is they did not re-gas the unit so I am driving around in January in Sydney for 2 more weeks without air-conditioning
:frusty:
Agree with Drew, try another dealer.
I had waited for approx. 5 weeks, till the dealer called me to bring the car in to fix it...
Sponsored