N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Anything good available out there for a '17 GT? I see a bunch available but only up to 2010. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Is it safe to run off the OBD-II port?

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Why not? I don't see how it could do any harm.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If I may suggest a bit different option. The 2018 clusters have mycolor built in to them all. The tach gauge goes red when nearing redline. From what I can tell this is done by the ecu as my pp2 redline at 7200rpm has the rpm gauge flash red as I near 6900 rpm. But it's an 18 cluster which redlines at 7400 for my18 gts. I expect it to increase the point it turns red when I bump the rev limit after a manifold swap. But haven't tested yet.

MY18 Gt cluster has a 74 or 7500 redline mark on the tach and the v6/ecoboost is similar to 15 to 17 ones at 6800rpm redline.

I'd consider snagging a my18 and up v6 or gt cluster and programming it with forscan. Forscan can increase the miles on the odometer but not lower. So get one with lower miles or send it to odo-pro.com for $90

I did the swap mainly for accuracy in the higher rpms but the shift light and mycolor were a bonus.

I have not verified the v6 and ecoboost 18+ clusters have the red tach at redline though.

This is for analog clusters. Picked mine up for less than $100 shipped on Ebay.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like a good solution! But I need something at eye level more or less. Kinda watch the road while seeing the shift light kinda thing.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I can agree with needing something more in your line of site. The cluster is more in the lower peripheral of vision.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
How does the Raptor hook up? On there website it only says 3-wire hook up. So that'd be 5/12 volt , ground & trigger correct? Does the trigger run off the injector or coil?

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
How does the Raptor hook up? On there website it only says 3-wire hook up. So that'd be 5/12 volt , ground & trigger correct? Does the trigger run off the injector or coil?
I ran mine to the cylinder 1 coil, got power from an unused fuse, and used the ground near the passenger strut tower.

Top_Notch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I went with a speedhut. It plugs into OBDII. The reason was I wanted to be able to set shift points based on gear. The hardest part of the install is hiding the wire. I also like the small inconspicuous size. Oh, it also has a launch feature that blinks when you get close and holds steady when you hit your designated launch rpm.

It will also read mph or some other things in the window but the way I have mine mounted (hidden by the A-pillar) I can never see the readout. But it's there.

I have no affiliation, not related to the owner, etc... Just a happy camper. https://www.speedhut.com/shift-lights/

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I went with a speedhut. It plugs into OBDII. The reason was I wanted to be able to set shift points based on gear. The hardest part of the install is hiding the wire. I also like the small inconspicuous size. Oh, it also has a launch feature that blinks when you get close and holds steady when you hit your designated launch rpm.

It will also read mph or some other things in the window but the way I have mine mounted (hidden by the A-pillar) I can never see the readout. But it's there.

I have no affiliation, not related to the owner, etc... Just a happy camper. https://www.speedhut.com/shift-lights/
That is way cool with the obdii port connection. I really do not need one with the a10, but it would be cool novelty to watch it go off through drag mode. ;).
Sponsored