Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
Yep. All the above. When I plug into the new hub (and I've tried two hubs) I get a warning of an incompatible USB Devise is plugged in. I even showed the dealer and they were baffled.
I would try the old “factory reset” for it, also did you update via usb? Maybe try downloading the latest version again and connect via usb to see if it takes
Sponsored

OP
OP
ESNB74

ESNB74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Conv
I would try the old “factory reset” for it, also did you update via usb? Maybe try downloading the latest version again and connect via usb to see if it takes
I've done the 'ol factory reset twice. I updated Sync via USB twice. It has got to be something deeper and I figure before I spend the money to have it figured out and still have an "old" system, that it probably time to upgrade to the T-Style unit that is more like my new Expedition's system. As you can read - I have spent a lot of time trying to get it working. :(

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I've done the 'ol factory reset twice. I updated Sync via USB twice. It has got to be something deeper and I figure before I spend the money to have it figured out and still have an "old" system, that it probably time to upgrade to the T-Style unit that is more like my new Expedition's system. As you can read - I have spent a lot of time trying to get it working. :(
I would at least try resetting, and then updating via wifi. I really think something is missing in the code.

And also checking if your phone/ap needs a reset/update. The system should be working.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
There are lots of adapters out there that you plug into the usb port and then after that, your phone will connect wirelessly. Carlink is one. Ottacast is another. I use the Carlink in my Fusion and the Ottacast in the Mustang. Both work great and cost less than $100.

OP
OP
ESNB74

ESNB74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are lots of adapters out there that you plug into the usb port and then after that, your phone will connect wirelessly. Carlink is one. Ottacast is another. I use the Carlink in my Fusion and the Ottacast in the Mustang. Both work great and cost less than $100.
I have one of the those adapters that I use in my F-150. But you have to have wired CarPlay in the vehicle before the adapter will make it wireless.

My problem is that I can’t get wired CarPlay to work in the Mustang.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Do you have the 4" headunit or the larger one? If the 4", then you won't be able to get Carplay or Android Auto.

OP
OP
ESNB74

ESNB74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the 4" headunit or the larger one? If the 4", then you won't be able to get Carplay or Android Auto.
I have the large one

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
New to this Forum. I have 2016 EcoBoost Premium Convertible that I want Apple CarPlay in. I've done the upgrade to Sync 3, bought the new USB module from Ford. Still doesn't work...

I ran into these two options when doing some searching:

1) Nifty City

2) Linkswell

Has anyone ever tried these T-Style unit out? Good, Bad?

If not, what else is out there to "modernize" a 2016 Stereo?
OP I saw in the another message that you are specifically looking for WIRELESS Apple CarPlay. You might be on your own on this one - it is REALLY difficult to make it work properly on the 2016 year only because it wasn't imbedded in the system from Ford. You will probably need to make sure the latest updates are done on both your car and phone.

P.S. I know you don't want wired CarPlay but I did it on my 2016 GT/CS and it works perfectly. I prefer the wired connection because then you don't have to do anything with your phone - simply just plug it in and it works flawlessly with the correct module. We have wireless Apple CarPlay on our Porsche Boxster Spyder and I really do not like it because half the time it doesn't connect when it want it to and sometimes connects when I don't want it to connect. Irritating in my opinion.

derwin252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erland
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
New to this Forum. I have 2016 EcoBoost Premium Convertible that I want Apple CarPlay in. I've done the upgrade to Sync 3, bought the new USB module from Ford. Still doesn't work...

I ran into these two options when doing some searching:

1) Nifty City

2) Linkswell

Has anyone ever tried these T-Style unit out? Good, Bad?

If not, what else is out there to "modernize" a 2016 Stereo?
I have thought about upgrading my unit also. Out of all the upgrades these seem to be the best since you can retain fords syn 3. Take a look.
https://autotecpro.com/product/ford-mustang-15-20-10-4-tesla-px6-navigation-system/?v=e4b09f3f8402

OP
OP
ESNB74

ESNB74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP I saw in the another message that you are specifically looking for WIRELESS Apple CarPlay. You might be on your own on this one - it is REALLY difficult to make it work properly on the 2016 year only because it wasn't imbedded in the system from Ford. You will probably need to make sure the latest updates are done on both your car and phone.

P.S. I know you don't want wired CarPlay but I did it on my 2016 GT/CS and it works perfectly. I prefer the wired connection because then you don't have to do anything with your phone - simply just plug it in and it works flawlessly with the correct module. We have wireless Apple CarPlay on our Porsche Boxster Spyder and I really do not like it because half the time it doesn't connect when it want it to and sometimes connects when I don't want it to connect. Irritating in my opinion.
Thanks for your post. My real issue is that I have done all the needed things to get wired CarPlay to work and it doesn’t.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ESNB74

ESNB74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

PeteH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
OP, I did the same usb upgrade in my 2016 F150. I got part number HC3Z-19A387E
Not sure how many usb outlets your Mustang has but my F`150 has two.
One inside the console, under the arm rest, and another in the storage compartment near the shifter. (I have the shifter in the center console not on the column)
The upgraded usb module had to go in the storage compartment near the shifter.
If you have more than one usb outlet make sure you are swapping the correct one

OP
OP
ESNB74

ESNB74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP, I did the same usb upgrade in my 2016 F150. I got part number HC3Z-19A387E
Not sure how many usb outlets your Mustang has but my F`150 has two.
One inside the console, under the arm rest, and another in the storage compartment near the shifter. (I have the shifter in the center console not on the column)
The upgraded usb module had to go in the storage compartment near the shifter.
If you have more than one usb outlet make sure you are swapping the correct one
I changed the one in the center console. Seems to be one everyone says you have to do. Dealer said that is the one to do. I’m sure it is software thing. May try it all again since it has been several months since I spent way too many hours messing with it. Might just do the upgrade to T-Style one just for the heck of it….. lol

j

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I changed the one in the center console. Seems to be one everyone says you have to do. Dealer said that is the one to do. I’m sure it is software thing. May try it all again since it has been several months since I spent way too many hours messing with it. Might just do the upgrade to T-Style one just for the heck of it….. lol

j
I'm 99% sure the upgraded USB hub must be wired like the one near the shifter. This is likely your problem.
If you don't want to change that, you can go with a Kenwood floating screen with a idatalink maestro for a high quality head unit.

OP
OP
ESNB74

ESNB74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm 99% sure the upgraded USB hub must be wired like the one near the shifter. This is likely your problem.
If you don't want to change that, you can go with a Kenwood floating screen with a idatalink maestro for a high quality head unit.
If that is the case. Then every YouTube video and two Ford Dealer are wrong
Sponsored