Sponsored

Aftermarket Head Unit/Stereo

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
If that is the case. Then every YouTube video and two Ford Dealer are wrong
I change my opinion. I read your comment about the "device" message.
I get that message when I plug my Sony earbuds case in.
I did have my Sync 3 replaced. I was able to theorize that one of the memory units, can't remember which/what kind, was defective and could not read/write. Different symptoms, probably a different issue.
You are having communication problems. The issue could be driven by software or hardware, obviously. There may be a forscan setting.
Sponsored

Partock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Before you try anything expensive, try a "data" cable. I have the same head unit and upgrade it to SYNC3 and it works perfect as long as I have a "data" cable and not a charging cable. There is a difference. I have a android and my wife has a iPhone and they both connect with no issues. I made sure to buy a data/charging cable. When the cable was listed as a charging cable only, I had problems.

OP
OP
ESNB74

ESNB74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Conv
Before you try anything expensive, try a "data" cable. I have the same head unit and upgrade it to SYNC3 and it works perfect as long as I have a "data" cable and not a charging cable. There is a difference. I have a android and my wife has a iPhone and they both connect with no issues. I made sure to buy a data/charging cable. When the cable was listed as a charging cable only, I had problems.
I have tried three different Apple factory Cords that came with iPhones. Those cords should be fine, shouldnā€™t they?

Partock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I have tried three different Apple factory Cords that came with iPhones. Those cords should be fine, shouldnā€™t they?
Might not. I was having a lot of trouble at first and went on Amazon and searched specifically for data cables. haven't had trouble since. Read the notes in the description of the cable and make sure it says data (or CarPlay) and charging.

I used this one for my wifes iPhone:
Amazon.com: Coiled Lightning Cable, iPhone Charger Cable 3FT for Car, 2 Pack [Apple MFi Certified] 3 Feet Lightning Cord Compatible with iPhone14/13/12/11 Pro Max/XS MAX/XR/XS/X/8/7/Plus/6S iPad/iPod- Black : Electronics

Last edited:
OP
OP
ESNB74

ESNB74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Conv
Might not. I was having a lot of trouble at first and went on Amazon and searched specifically for data cables. haven't had trouble since. Read the notes in the description of the cable and make sure it says data (or CarPlay) and charging.

I used this one for my wifes iPhone:
Amazon.com: Coiled Lightning Cable, iPhone Charger Cable 3FT for Car, 2 Pack [Apple MFi Certified] 3 Feet Lightning Cord Compatible with iPhone14/13/12/11 Pro Max/XS MAX/XR/XS/X/8/7/Plus/6S iPad/iPod- Black : Electronics
Thanks. One of the cables I tried in my Mustang was the one I use in ā€˜20 F-150 that works great for CarPlay.
Sponsored