after market headers

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Are aftermarket headers that much better than stock? Looking at my stock ones they look like actual headers already. Back in the 70's we swapped to headers because the stock exhaust manifolds weren't at all like headers. But it looks like ford is putting on headers from the factory. So are aftermarket that much better than the stock ones that ford puts on at the factory? I have a full catback MRBP race exhaust on right now that sounds great. I have no idea if they added anymore power.
Sponsored

James_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
The factory "headers" are an improvement over what they used to put on, but a set of longtube headers will still pick up over those.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
So are aftermarket that much better than the stock ones that ford puts on at the factory?
In all honesty, It's the OEM catalytic that's holding back most of the power gain.
With that said Cat delete or High Flow 200 cpsi cats on OEM headers will net similar gains to long tube headers.
The question is, poison the air or scrub it clean with high flow cats ?
If your car is daily street use, OEM headers will serve you well.

Last edited:

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Long tubes will probably be one of the best power for dollar mods out there besides boost honestly. I would highly suggest getting a set if you can handle the increase in exhaust note. Hit me up if you would like to see what kind of deal we can do for you today on Presidents Day. Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored