Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
aero balance! With really big splitters generally You need a complementary rear wing. In general a car with mechanical grip is safest with some understeer. That is what all factory streetcars are designed with. There was a time decades ago when the rear engine 911's oversteered and that got drivers in trouble they crashed. Porsche has spent decades tuning that out. But a touch of oversteer is fastest in skilled hands. Similarly aerodynamic understeer is safest. So use caution with these wings. The good thing is that streetcars are giant boxes of mechanical grip and it is very difficult to DIY real aerodynamics.
Wing ready :) tomorrow we will see
20200520_195011.jpg
Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Had a great day today!
My homemade splitter holded very well!
Went also 4wheels off and still good
Most important
Did my PB by 2 second with 100°f!
Aero package works!
It was soooo hot.
Did overheated a little again.
Cht at 240f
Oiil at 260-275 wich is acccectable but the computet and the algorithm doesn't know i have a oil cooler. So the dashboard said oil temp =HIGH (after warm and normal)
But again 100F

Next
Side vents
Better hood vents
Bigger wing plates
Front splitter diffusers
20200525_141711_HDR.jpg
20200525_134441_HDR.jpg
20200525_134445.jpg

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I have had my eye on. I'm really glad to see your findings.

Out of curiosity how did you create the splitter lip between the splitter and bumper?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
This is what I have had my eye on. I'm really glad to see your findings.

Out of curiosity how did you create the splitter lip between the splitter and bumper?

I used a high technology product really specific lol:)

AJ does the best splitter in the market. However.
Because it generates up to 1000lbs of DOWNFORCE (at 150mph) you need a big wing to balance it and also coilover springs. Must be super hard.
A friend with this splitter scratched badly just lifting from 150 (no braking). Be sure u have the right set up @Brian@BMVK can definetely help om it.
LAST
THISNSPLITTER DOES NOT COME WITH BRACKETS OR SUPPORT. you need to provide them :)
brown-vigoro-brick-edging-903001vg-64_1000.jpg

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I used a high technology product really specific lol:)
brown-vigoro-brick-edging-903001vg-64_1000.jpg
LMAO, love it. If it works, it works. Looks good as well like it is part of the splitter. I didn't realize AJ's splitter produced that much downforce. Is that because of how large it is?

He also has some accessories under custom splitters that may interest you. Since you are savvy with DIY, it may give you some ideas at the very least :)

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
That DF is in the extreme setup with huge front diffuser.
I use his 'biscuits' the metal sliders plate under the splitter.
I'm ordering also the rear wing bigger plate from him.
Where do you live?

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Alex, how did you get the main braces attached to the car?

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Recently installed Race Louvers myself and looking forward to track day in June. Will be a great time to test cooling here in AZ. Not sure how much downforce I will experience as the track straight only gets up to about 100 mph before 90 degree right turn. @AlbertD and @Brian@BMVK helped me come to the conclusion that this was the logical next step. There contribution to this forum is invaluable and you can’t argue with engineers and physics.
1F182067-DDEE-4323-8FA0-E240B2281977.jpeg
222B7BAB-0839-4B7D-B005-34BD0CF787CE.jpeg
Looks Great !

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
But a touch of oversteer is fastest in skilled hands. Similarly aerodynamic understeer is safest.
I disagree with the first statement. The second is not only accurate, but fastest on the watch as well, for _any_ driver. No one likes aero oversteer.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I disagree with the first statement. The second is not only accurate, but fastest on the watch as well, for _any_ driver. No one likes aero oversteer.
As far as I can tell neutral shading towards understeer is best. Our cars definitely have loads and loads of understeer, not just shading towards it. However as we all know traction balance depends heavily on whether you are braking or accelerating.

I agree with you on aero oversteer. At higher speeds I definitely don't want oversteer. I don't mind some oversteer under 40 mph, but once I get past about 60 I'd by far prefer understeer.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
But a touch of oversteer is fastest in skilled hands. .
I disagree with the first statement. .
Well you can call it whatever you want. In my world corner entry is as fast as possible trail braking in and no throttle until start of steering unwinding. Once that happens throttle steer creates slipping and oversteer so I don't run out of road. I'm an old racer and tired of decades of heel/tow downshift pedal dance trail braking. I went to the A10 to be lazy for 100% left foot braking, easier trail braking, and easier error management.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Well you can call it whatever you want. In my world corner entry is as fast as possible trail braking in and no throttle until start of steering unwinding. Once that happens throttle steer creates slipping and oversteer so I don't run out of road. I'm an old racer and tired of decades of heel/tow downshift pedal dance trail braking. I went to the A10 to be lazy for 100% left foot braking, easier trail braking, and easier error management.
I agree with that description of driving. If you don't have the rear stable enough, it makes carrying the brake in & combined loads (braking & cornering) really tough. I find to be able to hook up on the throttle side of the corner the car will end up with understeer in the middle. You don't want it to be so excessive that you end up with the crossed hands - to - snap loose, but, as you said, you gotta be patient enough to wait until you're unwinding the wheel. The mid-corner U/S is just the compromise I always end up having to accept to some extent.

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you on aero oversteer. At higher speeds I definitely don't want oversteer.
Anyone that says they like an aero-loose car should spend a little time on a oval.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I can't seems to find answer and this looks like the best place to ask regarding Aero. I really want to install the FP Swing with Gurney flap on my 2017 GT but I wonder if I will need a better splitter than the factory PP1 ? And if so does anyone know if PP2/Mach 1 splitter will fit on 2017 GT or if 2018+ Belly Pan fit on 2017 GT. I'm getting mixed reviews. Or if someone makes a PP2 replica spliter for 2017 ?
Sponsored