Advancetrac intervening issue

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Ok I'm looking for some help. Recently I installed a JLT CAI and tune - I was out the other day testing the car out - I'm in advancetrac sport mode - I go WOT in 1st gear and shift just back 6500 RPM - As I go into 2nd, the engine cuts power and I see a yellow light flash and then the car resumes normal operation.

This has happened to me on three separate occasions. I tried disabling the advancetrac completely and WOT again- no issues. Did it again earlier today and I lost traction going into 2nd. The tires went crazy. I do need to get some better tires but apart from that..

It seems like advancetrac is intervening and not allowing me to push through 2nd because it sense my traction will not be good enough to control the car. Granted, I do not go WOT-redline a lot, but sometimes when I'm having fun. That's what the car is for.

Anyone have this issue? I wanna know that I can floor my throttle and not have advancetrac intervene and bog down my engine.

I'm still on the stock Pirelli A/S's.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The shift into 2nd gear is very crucial.
On almost any manual, if you shift quick into 2nd you will have wheel spin and wheel spin will kill power.
I would wait maybe 1 second before release the clutch so there is no wheel spin.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The shift into 2nd gear is very crucial.
On almost any manual, if you shift quick into 2nd you will have wheel spin and wheel spin will kill power.
I would wait maybe 1 second before release the clutch so there is no wheel spin.
I am running an automatic 3.15 gears. The problem is even in advancetrac sport mode it will cut power big time if I go to 7K RPM in 1st and shift into 2nd WOT. But if I turn it off completely, I basically lose all traction and the car will be out of control.

I guess I need new tires and/or my suspension looked at? Still running the POS Pirelli AS 18".

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I am running an automatic 3.15 gears. The problem is even in advancetrac sport mode it will cut power big time if I go to 7K RPM in 1st and shift into 2nd WOT. But if I turn it off completely, I basically lose all traction and the car will be out of control.

I guess I need new tires and/or my suspension looked at? Still running the POS Pirelli AS 18".
If you have an aggressive transmission tune it will make tires spin going into 2nd.
Time for better tires.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
If you have an aggressive transmission tune it will make tires spin going into 2nd.
Time for better tires.
Yep. Time for tires and wheels!
Sponsored