ADM on a Brittany Blue HE

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
You still don't seem to understand. Some people don't have to let 5k or 10k, or their ego dictate whether they get their dream car or not.

I can only think of one type of person this might bother. Someone who doesn't understand economics or simply doesn't have the money to be shopping for these type of vehicles and copes by blaming a supply and demand problem on "shady dealers".
You forgot to add this to the bottom of your post:

fixed it for you

1658076034513.gif
Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
...I think I do which is why i addressed exactly that in the post above yours. those would be the cats who don't get mad when people talk about ADM buyers being suckers.
Whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night. Enjoy that GT!

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night. Enjoy that GT!
even when ordering my completely mundane GT the sales managers still tried to throw THOUSANDS in extra BS and screw me on my trade. so i sympathize with the pains the GT500 dudes are going through. it took a few weeks of patient persistence to get mine ordered out the door for under msrp and getting top dollar for my trade and I had pretty much everything going in my favor.

when you're going for a rare car you've got pretty much everything stacked AGAINST you. so I sympathize but the principle remains the same, it just scales with market demand because dealers are fat and happy right now. they're gonna have to start hurting before we see any correction here and by then they may not make new GT500's of this type anymore.

so i get it. these are honestly nice problems to have. we are blessed.

Sponsored

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
This will be my last comment in this topic.

The disrespect from some board members got under my skin and I over reacted. I do aplogize. Getting called a liar is uncalled for and then to disregard is even worse.

the info on the warrenties are third party and they are applicable to this car incuding the carbon rims.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Whelp, I thanks it’s about time we all just whip out our 🍆 and rulers so we can end this dick-measuring contest. But I’m sure some folks will still call 🐄 💩 on that proof 🤣🤣🤣

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Gotta love these ADM threads. Anyone care to dabble in religion or politics?

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
You can't compare ADM as it's not 100%. Many people have gotten GT500 cars with no ADM. You still paid more when you compare MSRP.
You got me there. My car was approximately $420 more than the one illustrated below (assuming no markup on either). At this price point that amount is trivial. One less option on the GT4 and it could have easily been less expensive.
B62F4BB9-D4AC-495B-AFCF-FB5E15B0B98B.jpeg

Sponsored

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
You still don't seem to understand. Some people don't have to let 5k or 10k, or their ego dictate whether they get their dream car or not.

I can only think of one type of person this might bother. Someone who doesn't understand economics or simply doesn't have the money to be shopping for these type of vehicles and copes by blaming a supply and demand problem on "shady dealers".
I've said this before, but I think if you asked enough questions this would eventually resolve down to:

If GT500s were a basic necessity, most people would instinctively agree in their gut that ADMs would be profiteering, and taking advantage of people in need and fundamentally reprehensible. Capitalism be damned in this case, as there is no ethical justification for taking advantage of fellow people in need.

I think this mode of thinking is being applied by extension to this scenario.

The obvious, and key difference being the GT500 is literally anything but a need. It's an extreme luxury that is artificially constrained on purpose.

It doesn't help that most dealerships seem incapable of explaining their position in any intelligent way, and many salesmen end up outright combative. I called up a dealer and casually asked if they were willing to take a GT500 order, and if they charged ADMs and the guy practically panicked (or at least sounded like it). He started talking about 25k deposits and telling me things about the car that were not accurate....I felt like I was talking him off a ledge and eventually he calmed down. It is still the most insane call I've ever had with a business I was trying to give 6-figure business to. Needless to say I didn't call them back.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The issue here is a perceived value. People buying the car with large ADMs for the sake of a paint job. Its funny to watch it all go down and see people.pay 50k extra for a paint job with a name on it.

A correction is coming and these cars will soon be on the chopping block. I won't feel sorry for the folks who bought the housewife blue paint job at a premium expecting some kind of payout on BaT.
Sponsored