Sponsored

Adding Nitrous...how do you do it safely?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Getting there - 4th gear pull on Mustang dyno and base tune w/100 shot. Next up is revised tune and 125 shot along with a proper 5th gear pull.

What did it make on motor? That seems low.

-Garrett
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

-Garrett
Just motor in 4th on that dyno was only like 346. I suspect the tune is probably pulling more timing than it needs to. I've sent the datalogs off to Lund to see what's next.

On my previous non-nitrous tune I've done 390 on that same dyno w/5th gear pull and 430 on a couple different DynoJets.

NvDiS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Subd

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Just motor in 4th on that dyno was only like 346. I suspect the tune is probably pulling more timing than it needs to. I've sent the datalogs off to Lund to see what's next.

On my previous non-nitrous tune I've done 390 on that same dyno w/5th gear pull and 430 on a couple different DynoJets.
Update? :cheers:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Haven't been back on a dyno and with rain every damn day for the last 30, I haven't been able to get out to the track.

Sponsored

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Haven't been back on a dyno and with rain every damn day for the last 30, I haven't been able to get out to the track.
Sorry to hear that man. I know how weather down south can be: clear one minute, and monsoon the next

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

-Garrett
It was low. There were issues with the progressive switch that I didn't discover until just recently.

Update? :cheers:
Here's the latest dyno; motor and nitrous. The nitrous tune had a LOT of timing pulled out and was flat across the rpm range. Since this, some more data logging, and a couple tune revisions a good bit of timing has been added at the base and it ramps up as the rpms increase so hp should now follow the na tune curve.

Two attempts to hit the track this week have been rained out in the staging lanes. I'll hit the local 1/8th mile tonight - I hope.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The one thing that never gets mentioned is how much it costs to fill up a bottle. Around here its 5 to 8 dollars a pound. And the closest filling station is 30 minutes away.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
The one thing that never gets mentioned is how much it costs to fill up a bottle. Around here its 5 to 8 dollars a pound. And the closest filling station is 30 minutes away.

It's dropped back to 4,50lb around me, It was running 12 - 15 during the shortage ... when people had it.

I've got a bunch of nitrous stuff laying around and I,m thinking about doing a 200shot on my 18' A10 just to see if we can get a 9.8xx out of it.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I want to see how that goes!! 200 on a 10 speed would be killer.

I just gotna 10 speed car last week too and its light years more fun than my CJ E85 6R80 car!!

RyanRaduechel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R, 1990 v8 Miata
I hate to continue to resurrect a thread from 3 years ago. But my NX High Output kit just showed up yesterday, and I have a few questions.

My first question is; is there a way to run the NX Maximizer 5 controller to pull timing will spraying? The local tuner I talked to said these cars dont have a way to switch maps on the fly. So once the timing is pulled for the nitrous tune, its pulled out all the time and will be a dog unless spraying it. So if there is a way to get the progressive controller to send the signal to the ECU to pull timing only while spraying, that would be ideal right?

My other question is I am considering installing a dedicated fuel system for the kit, and run race fuel in it. Here in CA with our piss water 91oct and where I am specifically there isn't enough E85 stations to justify it. In my Miata it was one thing, it didn't get driven as far so the corn wasn't a big deal. I've driven this car from CA to Niagara Falls a few months ago and I want to keep that reliability and the availability to run regular pump gas there. Also, I feel like if I had a small 2.5 gal tank (or whatever size it ends up being) filled with some nice Sunoco SS100 I wouldn't need to pull as much timing? Which in theory if there is no way to send a signal to the ECU to pull timing, and you're stuck with the timing being pulled all the time, with the race fuel it for the wet shot it wouldn't be so bad when it isn't being sprayed.

Am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Specs,
2016 GT PP
SCT x4
JLT CAI
Pending NX kit

This is my first time messing around with the bottle, I come from the turbo side of things, I just didn't want to go that route with this car.

Any feedback would be appreciated,thanks!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Even with wet shot on race fuel still need to pull some timing unless running a baby shot.

RyanRaduechel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R, 1990 v8 Miata
Even with wet shot on race fuel still need to pull some timing unless running a baby shot.
Right, but with race fuel the timing being pulled shouldn't need to be as much as it would with just 91? I plan on staying at a 200 shot, it will go up to a 250, and maybe someday but I think for now I'll be satisfied with a 200

1quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt tvs
Right, but with race fuel the timing being pulled shouldn't need to be as much as it would with just 91? I plan on staying at a 200 shot, it will go up to a 250, and maybe someday but I think for now I'll be satisfied with a 200
you can always just mix torco in the gas when you spray it, you need to pull the timing out, especially on a 200 shot that is going to hit hard, I used to spray a 150 on my 14 all the time they pulled 5-6* of timing out on the nitrous tune a 125 shot knocked 1.1 seconds off my 1/4 mile time
Sponsored