Sponsored

Adding Nitrous...how do you do it safely?

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Bro, there's so much more to playing with the spray than bolting on a kit. You need a few things-

1- A purge kit
2- A bottle heater
3- A window switch or Progressive Controller
4- A large enough fuel supply
5- A way to pull timing
6- A proper set of spark plugs
7- A sweet T-shirt
8- Sunglasses
9- Honeys

You need this stuff, bro. A purge will make sure your feed line is clear of air so you can get a nice consistent hit. It'll also let you let off some some pressure if your bottle pressure is too high. A heater will keep your bottle pressure from getting too low. Opt for an automatic one..you don't want to babysit your bottle when you could be banging gears. A window switch or controller will help you to prevent activating your nitrous at the wrong time..nobody likes it when your spray is premature. Don't forget about yanking some timing, bro. This will keep you from have backfires and blowouts. And bro- don't skimp on plugs...get you some that were designed to work with nitrous for your application. It needs to be non-projected tip, and stay away from iridium and platinum plugs bro, they can cause more trouble than anyother part of your system. And let's face it...sunglasses, a sweet t-shirt, and honeys makes everything better.
Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
HAAHA love it.. will be ordering the complete kit

Nitro_Bro

Got protein, bro?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BroLyfe
Vehicle(s)
So many cars, so little space.
Bro, if you got any questions about tickling the toggle, let me know-

NitroBro

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Has anyone pulled the plug on this? I would love to know what my 2015 GT PP car with a JLT, lund tune and spray would run. I had nitrous on my old 5.0 and loved it but the blower is better. I would guestimate the nitrous would run 1500 or so after all is said and done.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Bro, there's so much more to playing with the spray than bolting on a kit. You need a few things-

1- A purge kit
2- A bottle heater
3- A window switch or Progressive Controller
4- A large enough fuel supply
5- A way to pull timing
6- A proper set of spark plugs
Got all that and then some.

Nitrous Outlet plate kit w/hard lines
Nitrous Outlet stage 3 accessory kit
NOS Progressive controller w/remote
Updated Lund tune

Has anyone pulled the plug on this? I would love to know what my 2015 GT PP car with a JLT, lund tune and spray would run. I had nitrous on my old 5.0 and loved it but the blower is better. I would guestimate the nitrous would run 1500 or so after all is said and done.
Just fine tuning my setup now and hope to give it a run at the track this weekend with a 100 shot.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Got all that and then some.

Nitrous Outlet plate kit w/hard lines
Nitrous Outlet stage 3 accessory kit
NOS Progressive controller w/remote
Updated Lund tune

Just fine tuning my setup now and hope to give it a run at the track this weekend with a 100 shot.

Curious, any idea how much power is pulled by the tune for nitrous when you are not spraying? Wondering about the impact on daily WOT w/o the juice.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Curious, any idea how much power is pulled by the tune for nitrous when you are not spraying? Wondering about the impact on daily WOT w/o the juice.
I don't have numbers yet, but I will in a few days. I can feel a difference, but I can't say how much is actual vs placebo in expecting it to be less.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
What track are you going to this weekend?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
What track are you going to this weekend?

I hope to hit Orlando for a few runs and test out the new surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I hope to hit Orlando for a few runs and test out the new surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool I was hoping Bradenton was open but doesn't look like it.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
It's not really as cheap as it seems, I have nitrous on my personal car and if i could go back I'd have just set that money aside and put it towards a blower.

Figure you've got to buy the kit, then the accessories and safety items add up, Bottle bracket, bottle heater, remote bottle opener, blow down tube, purge, window switch, pressure gauge, different misc switches and wiring items to make it look nicer, bottle refills which out by me I have only found one place who fills bottles anymore and its about a 50/50 shot as to whether he has any or not.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Are the HEATER and WINDOW switch included??? any links to a complete kit for the 15 GTs

Thanks

Unfortunately, the heater and the window switch are not included in the base price. We could definitely get them added to your order.

Thanks,
Garrett

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
Just curious. About the safety and reliability of the engine when going Nitrous. I haven't really entertained the idea of Nitrous seriously but it might be a consideration to have a little fun without spending money on FI while saving up to maybe do a N/A build. Really just depends on how I feel when the time comes which route I go. Nitrous on a 500+whp N/A motor I imagine would be pretty sick. However I wish 600whp N/A was realistic with the little 5.0

The nitrous would be just for fun. No competitive drag racing. However the N/A build would be for a road course with nitrous for fun drag events.
Don't do it. You'll blow the welds on your intake.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Getting there - 4th gear pull on Mustang dyno and base tune w/100 shot. Next up is revised tune and 125 shot along with a proper 5th gear pull.

Sponsored