• Total voters

OniVita

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 PP
Im at the same boat but I'm at a later stage, my 2016 manual is already supercharged, full bolt on, suspension parts and one piece driveshaft. I will miss it if I sell it but looking at these gt500 is also so painful lol.
Now bullitt is a different story, if I had a bullitt i might keep it stock and enjoy it the way it is.
Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
I would go gt500. It already has the supporting mods for the power straight from the factory and tuning companies are proving there’s still a lot of power that can be squeezed out of the car. Not only that but you’ll get a better suspension than in the Bullitt and a DCT. I think once you do the math on the msrp of the Bullitt and adding the money for boosting and suspension you’ll be at the price of a gt500 and without a warranty. Plus I think the gt500 will be more collectible and frankly looks better but that’s subjective. You should go test drive one though and see if it seems worth it to you try driving the gt500 in manual mode and see if you can live with that over the manual in your Bullitt.
Hard to argue with this. It was the reason for buying a Terminator back then. The drivetrain on those was almost indestructible even at 600 whp. Now move the technology forward 17 years. A new GT 500 will probably survive well at 900 to 1000 whp and it won't take much at all to get there. Ford does a good job on their factory-boosted cars making things hold up well. On the choice the OP presented, there doesn't seem to be much of a decision from over here. Or, expressed differently, "You wanna go fast or play with that thing poking out of your console?"

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Having a supercharged Bullitt I can tell you that it makes the long gearing work fantastic. I did the install myself which cost about $7K in parts. I didn't get the $600 warranty from Whipple as it only covers $5K in total engine costs. Plus it's an aftermarket warranty company. In the event of a warranty claim Ford needs to make the case that the damage was caused by the blower. Anyway, the car is absolutely awesome sc'd.
So, I recently bought an '18 loaded a10 Mustang GT without the PP. It immediately changed my opinions about the Bullitt. It is absolutely more comfortable to drive, ride in and is significantly more powerful than the Bullitt was stock. It's the first mustang I would rather take on a trip than my Explorer Sport which is very torquey and comfy.
Like some on this site we can afford the GT500. In retrospective the GT500 makes much more sense and several dealers are selling them close to MSRP. You will take a bath on the Bullitt as I will if I sell it, but just the A10 5.0 combo alone is worth the price to trade.
Supercharging a loaded '20 A10 having say Beefcake or RDP install will run you about $8500 plus the car. Say 55-58K total plus any sales tax. Compare that to the GT500 which can be had for roughly 20K more. Not bad at all.
Those of us that have driven/owned a lot of cars faster than the Bullitt were let down. I love the car but will likely sell it this year. No GT500 because I'm addicted to mofifying my cars and it will only wreck it.
You can also contact a dealer with a manual trans and a blower and test drive it. If you live closer I'd let you drive mine. And, yes, it can break the tires loose at 50-60 just tromping the pedal.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Bullitt. No need to overpay for a GT500. Enjoy the FAR lower cost of ownership and be happy.
Sponsored