Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control and Manual Transmission

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Sounds backwards. I can't imagine GT vs Ecoboost makes any difference. You should be able to press the clutch in without disabling adaptive cruise, hence the reason you can speed up or slow down, but standard cruise push in the clutch and it will deactivate. My 2020 GT is the first car I have owned with adaptive cruise, but I have owned multiple other cars with standard cruise that were manuals over the years. Everyone a push of the clutch would deactivate cruise. It took me a while to get used to being able to push in the clutch and cruise control not turning off!

Doug
Pushing the clutch deactivates ACC in my 2018 EB, so maybe it changed in 19 or 20?
Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I loved ACC in my automatic trans car (Fusion), but find it much less useful for me in my MT Mustang. 🤷‍♂️

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
A driver who uses adaptive cruise control must have their license taken away.
It shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they:
1) Are not 100% focused and paying attention on driving.
2) Are abusing their driving privilege.
3) Have chosen to risk their life and everyone else on the road.

Adaptive Cruise Control should be immediately disabled on all cars.
It makes more sense the other way around!
Most are not able to keep appropriate distances to the vehicle in front, unlike the ACC.
The system gets you used to what a reasonable distance feels like, your driving without ACC improves.
The system takes it from you to constantly decelerate and accelerate by yourself when the one in front is unable to maintain a steady speed (that's at least as many as those with too little following distance).

So, a very clear NO! to your demand.

Last edited:

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
The system takes it from you to constantly decelerate and accelerate by yourself when the one in front is unable to maintain a steady speed (that's at least as many as those with too little following distance).

So, a very clear NO! to your demand.
I don't have ACC on the Mustang but I do on the Volvo. I can't stand using it in any stop-and-go situation, but I do like it for interstate driving. It's not like I'm relying on it to drive while I read TikToks or whatever. It's just one less thing to micro-manage and a little less fatigue when I get where I'm going.

In my daily commute, I'm regularly trying to avoid being around people who are tapping away and scrolling on their phones. It's no better than being on the road with drunks, so if those people have driving aids like ACC and Lane Keeping, I'm good with it.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
My 2023 with adaptive cruise turns off the cruise control when the clutch is depressed.
It doesn't turn off cruise control, you just hav eti hit Resume just as iff you had hit the brakes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Onewolf

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
It doesn't turn off cruise control, you just hav eti hit Resume just as iff you had hit the brakes.
Semantics.... Until you do something the cruise control is off whether it was the brake or clutch.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Basically the answer to my question about adaptive cruise control and manual transmission is that it's not a well thought out/implemented functionality.
Just out of curiosity, what did you expect?

OP
OP
Onewolf

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Just out of curiosity, what did you expect?
IMHO I think it would be better if the cruise control turns off when the car reaches some low rpm/speed trigger point when you have a manual transmission and adaptive cruise control.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Has it really changed or are people misinterpreting one another's comments?

I have ACC in my 2019 MT GT. Hums right along in traffic, but you need to keep the engine in a reasonable part of the torque curve. I can clutch and change gears without the system dropping back to stand-by, assuming I perform the shift in a "normal" amount of time. If I hold the clutch in for more than a second or two, it does drop back to standby.

Is this no longer the case? Because it sure doesn't look like it's changed:

My 2019 manual:
1685755246700.png

The online 2023 manual:
1685755283073.png

Both say the same things both years about low speed and low RPM shutoffs as well.

2019:
View attachment 761572

2023:
1685755463853.png

1685755433080.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Has it really changed or are people misinterpreting one another's comments?

I have ACC in my 2019 MT GT. Hums right along in traffic, but you need to keep the engine in a reasonable part of the torque curve. I can clutch and change gears without the system dropping back to stand-by, assuming I perform the shift in a "normal" amount of time. If I hold the clutch in for more than a second or two, it does drop back to standby.

Is this no longer the case? Because it sure doesn't look like it's changed:

2023:
1685755463853.png
I was about to say, I think this is what is missing. S550 doesn't have stop and go. Regardless of the transmission, the ACC will turn off under 12 mph.
Sponsored