Sponsored

Active Exhaust - Mode on Start Up

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Happy weekend everyone!

I tried to look this up on this forum and youtube, but can't seem to find definitive answers to this.

My 2021 GT has the active valve exhaust, and I usually toggle the exhaust mode to Sport every time I drive it . I do notice that some days, the car would start on Sport Mode (where I left it when shutting off the car the day before), but some days it would default back to normal exhaust mode.

I'd understand if it would default to Normal EVERY time (similar to your drive mode), but this inconsistency drives me nuts. Any insights on this fellas?

Eric
Sponsored

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
I thought its supposed to default to normal after each startup. I just saved my settings in "my mode" snd just toggled to that setting each time. I'm with ya, wish it stayed where I put it.

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I thought its supposed to default to normal after each startup. I just saved my settings in "my mode" snd just toggled to that setting each time. I'm with ya, wish it stayed where I put it.
My thoughts too but I've had it start on sport mode a number of times, and today it was in normal mode.

I also don't have the digital cluster and therefore I don't have MyMode (is this accurate?).

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wonder if the dreaded short in the right side active exhaust wiring harness could be starting to rear it’s ugly head? I believe I have this problem right now, but can’t address it because I am currently without a garage and my tools for another 2-3 months. I do intend to make sure it never happens again though, once I have the chance to fix it.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
My thoughts too but I've had it start on sport mode a number of times, and today it was in normal mode.

I also don't have the digital cluster and therefore I don't have MyMode (is this accurate?).
I briefly had a 2020 GT w/out digital cluster but I can't remember if it had "my mode"

You can't select a steering feel, drive style (sport, track, etc) or exhaust sound and save it in "my mode"?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I briefly had a 2020 GT w/out digital cluster but I can't remember if it had "my mode"

You can't select a steering feel, drive style (sport, track, etc) or exhaust sound and save it in "my mode"?
My mode is available only on cars with the digital instrument panel. The exhaust is programmed to reset to normal everytime you shut off your car (except, of course, if you have it set for quiet mode). If yours isn’t resetting to normal somethings wrong.
Sponsored