Sponsored

Aces IV additive/octane enhancer

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Thanks for testing it for us Shawn. Hoping for another alternative besides octanium.

Since it burned my plug :(
Yikes... How much octanium did you run through the car?
Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Looks like it got your fingers to:lol:

I'll be send your sound tube out to Dave db252 next week. Your getting something special my friend. I hope you like WHINE!
BAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol: Wish it was my fingers. It's my buddies fingers.

OoO cant wait for the WHINE MOD. Cant wait thanks so much.
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
Yikes... How much octanium did you run through the car?
probably ran it for 5k miles since i pullied down to the 3.625 pulley :doh: never going to run octanium. Waiting for more results from Shawn or Dave

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I'll be testing meth injection next week to see if I can get the knock under control with the 3.5" pulley.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
probably ran it for 5k miles since i pullied down to the 3.625 pulley :doh: never going to run octanium. Waiting for more results from Shawn or Dave
You ran it every tank? This has me curious, because I'll run octanium every now and again, but generally stick to straight 93.

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
I'll be testing meth injection next week to see if I can get the knock under control with the 3.5" pulley.

Nice. Can't wait to see results thanks again for doing it.

You ran it every tank? This has me curious, because I'll run octanium every now and again, but generally stick to straight 93.
I'm in Cali so wished we had 93. Stuck w the shitty 91 and I have the 3.625 pulley so I do octanium w the 91.

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Was the plug actually burned/ruined? I know that Torco is said to turn plugs orange, but I don't think it's a harmful thing from what I've read on Turbo Buick/Turbo Mustang forums.

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
I run 16oz of Torco with every tank of gas and haven't had any issues. I recently changed my plugs with about 15k miles on them. I can post some pictures of them if anyone's curious what 15k Torco plugs look like... it sure does give them a nice orange tint.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I've recently done some testing with ACES to find no octane increase or knock reduction using this. Here are my findings. All test runs were done from 3500 rpm to my shift light activation at 7300 rpm from 3rd to 4th gears. Whipple calibration and used Ngauge to log the runs. I video the gauge is what I did and had boost, lambda, knocker, spark advance and true dedicated IAT 2 sensor which I installed. I cant say I'm completely happy with the knock I was seeing especially with the 11 psi pulley as 93 octane should make the knocker happy.

93 octane last summer 3.75" whipple pulley makes 9.5-10 psi 21 degrees advance no knock

The test below were all done within a 3 day period last week.
93 octane and ACES 3.5" pulley 13 psi 15 spark advance and 3-4 degrees positive knock

91 octane with ACES non ethanol shell 3.5" 13 psi 13 spark advance and s hit load of knock 4-5 positive:eyebulge:

93 octane top tear station with ACES 3.625" 11 psi 16 spark advance 2 degrees positive knock.

VP100 canned race fuel 3.3" 14 psi pulley 18-20 degrees timing and -2 knock :headbang:
I have a few questions, I have the Stage II Whipple, 3.625 pulley and run Shell 93. I am told by Whipple this should have no knock issues. If I am reading your post correctly you are having knock issues with this setup?

Any idea why you are seeing this and could that have an effect on the ACES IV data? Also I believe I was told it may take a couple hundred miles for the computer and everything to adapt?

I just purchased a bottle to try but I have no way to data log. It does seem to be doing the things I was told??? Throttle response feels crisper and it pulls hard. I have asked ACES IV to respond to these concerns.

Hopefully they will fingers crossed for now, I was hoping this may offer a little added engine protection.

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
^ I had -3,-4 Knock running 3.625 + 93. My car was happy with that combo.
Data Logs are crucial when you are running a power adder.

Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
What are my options to data log with Whipple tune and Guardian? I was told I could not with this set-up?

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
I'm also on the Whipple tune and data log with the SCT X4.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I have a few questions, I have the Stage II Whipple, 3.625 pulley and run Shell 93. I am told by Whipple this should have no knock issues. If I am reading your post correctly you are having knock issues with this setup?

Any idea why you are seeing this and could that have an effect on the ACES IV data? Also I believe I was told it may take a couple hundred miles for the computer and everything to adapt?

I just purchased a bottle to try but I have no way to data log. It does seem to be doing the things I was told??? Throttle response feels crisper and it pulls hard. I have asked ACES IV to respond to these concerns.

Hopefully they will fingers crossed for now, I was hoping this may offer a little added engine protection.
I've contacted Brian at BND about the lack of knock resistance that was advertised, he didn't have any real answers for me after our conversation, which I was not happy about. For reference and further proof on testing ACES my 2 friends in Cali tested ACES after me with my NGauge that I sent to them. There results were the same. They tried as I did with fresh gas with no ACES and then tested it with ACES and had the same knock and advanced timing numbers. ACES did nothing at all in our testing for knock resistance. It may have lubricity affects that are good for the motor, but really it's not what a bought it for and makes me distrust now any of its claims.

I never heard of anything about 100 miles for the computer to learn with this. Nevertheless I did run it for at least that with my testing.

Yes data is the only way to know what's going on and if I wouldn't have seen the knock I would not have known and though ACES was working and all was fine. It was nearly impossible to decern any power increase or decrease with 3-4 degrees knock. Some say the hose can feel the power difference, but I can't.

What are my options to data log with Whipple tune and Guardian? I was told I could not with this set-up?
NGauge and SCT both will plug into your OBD port and read the engine PID's or parameters. I would not by anything because Whipple is getting ready to release with flight controls another free upgrade to data log. I've seen it, just wait.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I will get the Whipple upgrade as soon as available for data logging :)

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Brain at BND will continue to work with me and the other guys who were testing ACES IV to resolve the issue of lack of knock resistance advertised. I commend Brian for his efforts to work towards a resolution for us. And I will continue to use ACES IV for is lubricity effects on my motor and look forward to resolving with Brain the octane or knock resistance value.
Sponsored