ABS/AdvanceTrac/Power Steering

SocalS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys I have a 2017 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. Mod list is Long Tube American Racing Headers Catless, GT350R COI, 47lb Fuel injectors, 2018 intake manifold ported, stock 2017 throttle body, custom x-pipe, borla mufflers, and of course E85 tune. For a whole month straight my car would act up. I had an issue with ABS, traction control and of course power steering. I read that it might be just faulty ABS sensors so I switched them all out hoping that would resolve my problems. Didn’t help at all. So I finally came across a thread of a guy having the same issue. So I wanted to clarify that I myself tried it out and it fixed all my issues. I had to switch out my rear wheel bearings, which funny thing is right as they were getting switched out, they found the culprit to it all. There is a metal washer between the axle and the hub. Well that actual washer is what caused all of the issues, it was broken exactly where my ABS sensor was at. So it wasn’t making any contact. I hope this helps with anyone having the same issues. It might not always be the case it could be bad wheel bearings and you might as well switch them out like I did to be safe or it could be the same exact part. This is the part number in case anyone else ever needs to order it from Ford ( FR3Z7G273A ). It only cost me around $26.

DB90B2AC-E4C1-4CF9-A6D7-A3726676DB72.png

CB98AC36-E9B2-4DEA-9182-94600A3742CD.png
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting post, going to dig out the service cd. Have a look at the assembly .

Thanks

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Tdavisss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Hey guys I have a 2017 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. Mod list is Long Tube American Racing Headers Catless, GT350R COI, 47lb Fuel injectors, 2018 intake manifold ported, stock 2017 throttle body, custom x-pipe, borla mufflers, and of course E85 tune. For a whole month straight my car would act up. I had an issue with ABS, traction control and of course power steering. I read that it might be just faulty ABS sensors so I switched them all out hoping that would resolve my problems. Didn’t help at all. So I finally came across a thread of a guy having the same issue. So I wanted to clarify that I myself tried it out and it fixed all my issues. I had to switch out my rear wheel bearings, which funny thing is right as they were getting switched out, they found the culprit to it all. There is a metal washer between the axle and the hub. Well that actual washer is what caused all of the issues, it was broken exactly where my ABS sensor was at. So it wasn’t making any contact. I hope this helps with anyone having the same issues. It might not always be the case it could be bad wheel bearings and you might as well switch them out like I did to be safe or it could be the same exact part. This is the part number in case anyone else ever needs to order it from Ford ( FR3Z7G273A ). It only cost me around $26.

DB90B2AC-E4C1-4CF9-A6D7-A3726676DB72.png

CB98AC36-E9B2-4DEA-9182-94600A3742CD.png
Was this on the rear ?

Tdavisss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
You're correct - the rear axle thrust washers have been known to cause a variety of DTC's and funky operation when driving.

here's more; rear axle thrust washer thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/clunk-when-taking-off.83492/page-2#post-3184145
I’m having the same issue , could the washers really be causing the lights? I replaced both of my rear wheel assemblies like 2 months ago. Didn’t replace the thrust washers tho and they were kinda beat up. No play in either assemblies.