and What does the Drive modes do?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Switch drive mode to track and hold traction control off switch for 538 seconds.

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
hold traction control button for 15 seconds, turns advance trac and traction control off

I have issues when I get too donut happy, "service advance trac" comes on and kills my power, then I restart the engine and it lets me do donuts without any nannies

Sponsored

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
each of those have been asked over 20 times, please use the search. for the short answer, only way to get them fully off is to pull the fuse out.

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
Fuse 62, pull that and all the nannies are disabled.
I always thought pulling that fuse also disables the ABS?:shrug:

I have always used the method described above holding the foot on the brake and the finger on the traction control button for however many seconds required. Advance Trac off will be displayed and you should be nanny free.

Popcorn

Loves His Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium DIB with Black Accents
flip your traction control once, that turns it off. Then hold it for like 5 seconds and that will then turn off the advance trac too.

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I always thought pulling that fuse also disables the ABS?:shrug:

I have always used the method described above holding the foot on the brake and the finger on the traction control button for however many seconds required. Advance Trac off will be displayed and you should be nanny free.
I am not sure, but I don't have an ABS light. With the Brembos and 295 R888's in the front it is hard to lock up the wheels.

Holding it longer does not disable everything since LC can still be enabled and LC can only be used if some form of TC is still enabled. Take the fuse out and you'll notice that both the TC and AdvanceTrac lights are off, not just one.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Hope you are not going to a car show lol.
Is it not winter in the US?
makes sense to turn all the nannies off, sure the insurance company if anything happens will just love that

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure, but I don't have an ABS light. With the Brembos and 295 R888's in the front it is hard to lock up the wheels.

Holding it longer does not disable everything since LC can still be enabled and LC can only be used if some form of TC is still enabled. Take the fuse out and you'll notice that both the TC and AdvanceTrac lights are off, not just one.
Holding the TC button down for 6 seconds works in my PP car. No need to pull fuses. I can wheel spin off the line as much as I want and the nannies don't kick in no matter how badly I get sideways. I've spun her completely around, had tank-slapper fishtails, and have run her completely off the track under ABS braking from 140 mph, you know, all the fun stuff that the nannies won't let you do (All at the track, of course.). I don't think you don't need to get on your knees in the passenger footwell and pull fuses.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
makes sense to turn all the nannies off, sure the insurance company if anything happens will just love that
OP lives in Florida where the average low temperature probably doesn't drop much below 45°F. Google temperatures in Orlando for an idea, I think they're seeing 70's there today.

What say you about cars that never had any nannies? That we should never been allowed to drive them, or continue to do so now like I still do from time to time?

Norm

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
:lol::lol:

There's no official Parliamentary inquiries by white-wigged officials of insurance companies in the event of a normal fender-bender here.
Sponsored