A10 Launch Tips?

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Looking for some info on the best launch tips for the A10. I've been to the drag strip many times with a manual, but this 10 speed is a whole different animal.

Obviously i know i want to select drag mode with advancetrac/stability off.

My main questions:
1. Will i be able to brake torque the car in drag mode to help with the launch and not start doing a burnout at the light? Im sure there is a limit to the rpm when doing this. Any tips for a good rpm on the stock PP1 tires?

2. Does it make any difference if i do the run in drive or sport? Obviously i know that paddle shift (manual) is a no-no on the drag strip- as the computer can shift much faster and quicker than i can. However im not sure if there any different leaving or being in drive vs sport.

3. Is an 11 totally possible under perfect conditions on a stock '19? What is a good rear tire psi for the stock tires? Any kind of burnout really needed on them? Guessing just enough to clean the tires.

Any of course, feel free to share any tips. Im excited to see what it will do.
Sponsored

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
I watched and helped a 65-70 year old man get his loaded A10 in the 11s bone stock. Everything above mentioned is correct. However, you'll need some good air to do it. The older gentleman ran 11s in 50-60 degree weather.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
for my 11.9 run on cheap sumitomos and otherwise stock i turned off advancetrac (hold toggle for 5 secs), had the car in drag mode shifter in D, brake torqued to like 1200rpm or something low like that, and as far as my tires i had the rears at 25psi and the fronts at 45psi (a lot of people forget about reducing roll resistance with the front tires)

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I launch at 1750 RPM in 1st gear w/ trans selector in sport (do not touch the paddles or it won't shift itself) and controls in drag mode with advance trac off. Stock tires at 25 psi.

Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I have since gone with M/T street slicks on the rear @ 16psi and front runners @ 48psi... (my reaction time has been as low as .069).

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Do yourself a favor... get a drag radial and your car will run the numbers you expect., consistently.

My best 60fts have come from launching off idle. Just stomp on it but you better have a tire on back first or it will go up in smoke.
Sponsored