Launching with line lock, GT,A10

kenkroop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KEN
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt a10
I lost partial use of my left leg as the result of a stroke. Is it possible for me to use line lock to power brake without actually left foot braking? Any thoughts, tips are really appreciated.
Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
If it is anything like my 16, I am going to say no, definitely not consistently. The line lock takes forever to set, super finicky. If you are talking just test and tune you could probably get away with it, but i would be surprised if the other lane would wait for you. Englishtown is closed anyways, lol.

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You may want to search the two relay trans brake modification. You can use that set up with a momentary switch/button to lock the trans so the car won't move and you can bring the engine rpm up.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
If it is anything like my 16, I am going to say no, definitely not consistently. The line lock takes forever to set, super finicky. If you are talking just test and tune you could probably get away with it, but i would be surprised if the other lane would wait for you. Englishtown is closed anyways, lol.
I can get my 2016 manual to work about 50% of the time. I am not sure why it is so inconsistent. I think it works better if I pump the brakes a couple of time before I hold steady pressure but I am not sure.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I lost partial use of my left leg as the result of a stroke. Is it possible for me to use line lock to power brake without actually left foot braking? Any thoughts, tips are really appreciated.
In the class I run you have (12) seconds from pre launch to the green light. With a little practice... Sure! I don't see why you couldn't be competitive!!

Sponsored

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Stage the car,hold up parking brake,bring up rpms,nail throttle and release brake at same time.Much eaiser.