A10 4th going into 5th gear problem

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium - PP1, 401a, A10, AE
So I just got a new 2020 mustang gt a10 and I’ve noticed when I’m in 4th gear going into 5th the car holds back and hesitates for a few seconds then shifts. Every other shift is super smooth and quick. I’ve read in my fb mustang group it’s a common problem with the 10 speeds and can be fixed with a re flash from the dealership. Is that true and is that covered under warranty? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
So I just got a new 2020 mustang gt a10 and I’ve noticed when I’m in 4th gear going into 5th the car holds back and hesitates for a few seconds then shifts. Every other shift is super smooth and quick. I’ve read in my fb mustang group it’s a common problem with the 10 speeds and can be fixed with a re flash from the dealership. Is that true and is that covered under warranty? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
How many miles on the car? I had this issue and what I did was disconnect the battery so the computer will relearn my driving habits. While that did help after sometime I notice the weird shifting back again. So I took it to the dealer and they did something to it because for the past 7k I havent had any issues

OP
OP
atticuskid35

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
How many miles on the car? I had this issue and what I did was disconnect the battery so the computer will relearn my driving habits. While that did help after sometime I notice the weird shifting back again. So I took it to the dealer and they did something to it because for the past 7k I havent had any issues
560 miles that’s it

OP
OP
atticuskid35

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
I always have it in sport +. I wasn’t sure if it’s still learning my driving style or there is in fact something wrong software related and needs a flash.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
My tuner had to tune out a bunch of tcu limiters in the code especially in the higher gear shifts 4-8.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you only have 560 I would try clearning the KAM to see if that fixes it. Sometimes the car can learn shifts and become wonky especially in Sport Plus. Disconnect the battery for awhile then reconnect. That will clear it. If that doesn't fix it the dealer can run a diagnostic on it and check fluid.
Sponsored