Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Damn "quote feature" <growling> I should have known it wouldn't be working but of course, didn't TEST it until copying about a dozen of the responses. Dammit and my apologies for those I missed.

It seems many of you got the drift of my observation and have either better or even worse conditions where you are. Again, my sympathies.

For those lucky enough to get into the 130kmh :-) range regularly without issue, you're very fortunate with a vehicle such as this.

As it happens, we used 480 on the way to the airport and while the traffic was moving, it was mighty damn crowded even at seven ayem on a Saturday. There are certainly both pros and cons to living in or near a large metropolitan area just as there are for more out in the boonies.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Speed limit never heard of her.

It’s not that bad in IL, 55mph on two lanes and 70 on interstates. We have this one awesome Mexican Highway that I use sometime as well.

FFCBD260-6DC4-4300-9473-A56B3A30985C.jpeg
Because it's just SO damn easy just waiting for someone to speed rather than a random traffic stop.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
What do you take when a 4-wheel drive vehicle won't do?

A rental car, of course. :-)
Wait, aren't all rental cars off road vehicles? :wink:

Deleted member 35644

Don't get lulled into a false sense of security with some of the crazy high speed limits you see on our 2-lane rural roads. Hwy 175 is FAMOUS for letting you cruise along at 70, and dropping to 35 at every little nothing town you go through. The cops in these towns have NOTHING else to do but sit at the gas stations on the edge of town and wait for you. And I promise...if you're not going 35 by the time you cross the threshold of the 35mph sign, you're popped. It ain't all Mario Andretti down here. These little towns don't play.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
CB: The exact same "system" is alive and well down here on what is now I-69. Each little podunk burg has their units and speed traps and then there are the county mounties who happen to be the most egregious down this way. Just as you described, too...70 then BAM, 35 or even 25.

Fortunately, tactics like that are not used here where we live, only on the interstate.

Sponsored

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
So KB, Indians (oops Guardians) or Reds fan?
Total Reds fan here and Never been to Ohio.

Edit: Spent some time in Tyler recently and it was impressive, the nicest people you could ever meet.
How in the hell does one become a fan of a team from a state they’ve never even visited?

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Sorry Curtis (@SEERED) I forgot to answer your question.

Grew up outside Akron so being much closer to the Lake, we were Indian and Brownies fans but much more interested in college and NFL ball than baseball. Remember, "no crying in baseball." ;-) I think I might have gone to three Indians games while I lived up North. Heck, thanks to Senior Jerry Jones and his pricing model, I have yet to attend a Cowboys game. No interest, really...television is just too good these days.

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
How in the hell does one become a fan of a team from a state they’ve never even visited?
Well back in the early 70's, I was just getting into sports and the only games on TV were contenders of the day. The popular and dominant baseball team was "The Big RED Machine" of Cincinnati including Pete Rose who was and is my childhood hero. Same for hand-egg, the Miami Dolphins are my favorite to this day. RIP Don Shula and never been to Flo Rida either.

This may explain me being a native Californian and NOT a Pelosi loving POS.

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
Well back in the early 70's, I was just getting into sports and the only games on TV were contenders of the day. The popular and dominant baseball team was "The Big RED Machine" of Cincinnati including Pete Rose who was and is my childhood hero. Same for hand-egg, the Miami Dolphins are my favorite to this day. RIP Don Shula and never been to Flo Rida either.

This may explain me being a native Californian and NOT a Pelosi loving POS.
No matter your reasoning, all is accepted based on the last sentence of your reply 😁

Sponsored

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
Pete Rose was a driving force in the Phillies winning the World Series in 1980. To me, he will always be seen in a Phillies uniform.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...wifey and I travel a LOT in the Sky and on a Harley. (NEVER take the Mustang)
I have noticed in NC, the speed limits are lower than years past. In SC, they have
stayed the same. Most of our travel in VA, the speed limit is the same.

Here in NC, there have been more instances of road rage and excessive speeding.
I just chalk it up to Covid and folk going on a short fuse..................:shock:

IMG_0464.JPG
Sponsored