Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
From the Blue Oval New forums...

Posted Today, 11:59 AM
FYI... Ford is currently notifying Dealers of their initial 2015 Mustang allocation for start-up scheduling. The initial allocation is for a 7 week period, weeks 30-36. There will be no wholesale allocation next month.
Sponsored

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
From the Blue Oval New forums...

Posted Today, 11:59 AM
FYI... Ford is currently notifying Dealers of their initial 2015 Mustang allocation for start-up scheduling. The initial allocation is for a 7 week period, weeks 30-36. There will be no wholesale allocation next month.
Interesting ... What exactly does this mean? Is this basically the beginning of the ramp up for production scheduling?

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting ... What exactly does this mean? Is this basically the beginning of the ramp up for production scheduling?
It means the dealers are getting notification on how many of their orders would be fulfilled during the initial timeframe. Week 30 starts on 7/21/2014, and week 36 starts 9/1/2014.

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And then they start building retail orders?
According to what some of our dealership friends on here are posted, the stock orders would get built first, followed by the retail orders.

Sponsored

GTMamba

Threads
Reaction score
Ford seems to give priority to unsold/ stock orders first before building retail special orders.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Is ford going to be doing the retail order verification program? Where customer placed orders are delivered above allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Ford seems to give priority to unsold/ stock orders first before building retail special orders.
Normally you'd think it would be the other way around, but since this is a new car they want dealers stocked when they can get premium price.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Interesting information.....

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
so basically i can assume that we will see 2015s on the road from people who bought off the lot ahead of those (like myself) who took the time to preorder 3-4 months in advance.... well that sucks.

Sponsored

gjgreil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT
so basically i can assume that we will see 2015s on the road from people who bought off the lot ahead of those (like myself) who took the time to preorder 3-4 months in advance.... well that sucks.
Ask your dealer to order/build your car as a lot allocation. My dealership is doing this for me.

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ask your dealer to order/build your car as a lot allocation. My dealership is doing this for me.
You can definitely do that! One consideration - I was advised that if Ford raised the prices, it would be changed on this order. That is different than when you have a customer order, where the price level in effect when you order is guaranteed and can't be changed.

MustangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
Technically no customers including yourself have "pre-ordered" anything yet, at least as far as Ford is concerned. Retail order banks have not yet opened, which is why there has been no information about option pricing announced yet. All of the orders placed since May 20 have been for dealer stock and do not have customer names associated with them. Most dealers that are taking pre-orders for customers will place the custom orders as stock and just hold those cars for those customers so you should get one as soon as it comes in.

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Technically no customers including yourself have "pre-ordered" anything yet, at least as far as Ford is concerned. Retail order banks have not yet opened, which is why there has been no information about option pricing announced yet. All of the orders placed since May 20 have been for dealer stock and do not have customer names associated with them. Most dealers that are taking pre-orders for customers will place the custom orders as stock and just hold those cars for those customers so you should get one as soon as it comes in.
This doesn't match my understanding, especially since I have a printout of a screen that shows both invoice and retail pricing. Wouldn't this be confirmed by the DORA?

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.

Not true. Most dealers put in both orders for stock and for customers.
However some dealers choose to use their stock unit for the sold customer's order.
One thing that you may lose on when you dont put in an actual order for customer (in addition to price protection) is sometimes Ford comes out with an extra $500 rebate for verified orders made to that customers name. If your order was put in as a stock unit for the dealer, naturally Ford wont know about your personal order and you will not get that rebate IF Ford were to give such rebates on Mustangs that is.
Sponsored