Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Here is a nice tech resource for those looking to do install oil pump gears or crank sprockets on a 11-17 Mustang / Coyote 5.0

http://modularmotorsportsracing.com/wp/support/

Just scroll down and click on Install Oil pump gears

For those needing the parts, let us know, we ALWAYS have them in stock and offer same day shipping along with expedited shipping services including overnight!

MMR
805 383 4130
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Timing procedure and markings on the cam and crank sprockets are still "L" and "R" on the 15-17, we time and degree hundreds of them every year, the process is identical - the parts are simply not interchangable.

Here is a video that we have made to explain this a little further : [ame]

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
That's for 11-14, if a person with 15+ follows that to time their car, they're F'd.
I agree.. I guess it works for MMR to do it that way, but I'd rather just do it the way ford says so. It's very easy anyways.

The LH side cam phaser should be at about 4 o clock when installing, then rotate crank back to noon and install RH side. It's better if someone just follows the ford instructions!

XfTVv8K.jpg

Sponsored

Pony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Thank you!! This is just great!

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Does anybody have the procedures from from ford?

Papabearob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT performance pack w/ Recaros
From experience I can say if you follow the mark the chain procedure you will be doing the job twice then following the factory timing procedure lol. its extremely easy anyways and guarantees proper timing. Do it right the first time for any one looking to do there own OPG and follow the 15+ timing procedure from ford

Sponsored

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hey who is??? lol ^^^^ [MENTION=13268]Papabearob[/MENTION] :lol::thumbsup::cheers: GTFO

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
I have a basic overview of the OPG and TG install. You DO NOT have to move the cam gears/phasers etc. I marked each chain/link to gear at multiple spots and "walked" the chain off the TG. Nothing moved so putting back everything according to my own marks proved successful. Prior to removing the chains I couldnt get both phaser to align with the marks on the sprocket/chain. I only ever got one phaser to crank aligned......hence my own method.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
From experience I can say if you follow the mark the chain procedure you will be doing the job twice then following the factory timing procedure lol. its extremely easy anyways and guarantees proper timing. Do it right the first time for any one looking to do there own OPG and follow the 15+ timing procedure from ford
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Can you explain how marking the chain is not the right way if doing it?

Papabearob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT performance pack w/ Recaros
Can you explain how marking the chain is not the right way if doing it?
I did it this way ( marked in two spots on both sides for each head) and put it back together and it was off. The timing procedure from the 11-14 and 15 is entirely different which tells me there may be something going on with the phaser. Not sure exactly why but they are completely different. So taking the extra 2 mins to follow the procedure instead of marking the chain and putting it back in that spot will prove successful 100% of the time and if the timing gear moves in any way you are basically screwed. So yes. I would say do the procedure right and spend the extra two mins instead. I did also only have a code for sensor A (note if both gears were off on one head it would have had a code for sensor A and B) so there is definitely something in the phaser that requires this procedure. So all in all spend the extra 2 mins to do it right and save yourself the 7 hours doing it twice. Either way it's the smartest way to do it. But if you would like to mark the chains and hope it's good then by all means be my guest lol
Sponsored