Sponsored

A few newby questions about Coyote forced induction hardware...

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi

What forced induction system for the Coyote sums up, on your opinion, the best figures for reliability, semplicity of maintenance and a good amount of power?

I have a tune, should I re-install a new one designed for the forced induction?

Compression can be left OEM?

Thanks a lot.
Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Of course you need a different tune. Whipple will likely be your best bet. Factory like installation and their own tuning software. But let someone else comment.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Cant go wrong with Paxton/Vortech, Whipple or VMP TVS... Pretty simple setups that many of us drive daily.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
If tuned right, any forced induction system can be reliable. Lund knows/tunes a lot of them and beefcake has the best prices with excellent customer service.

Repo58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base PP NOVI 2200
I'm running a Beefcake special Paxton Novi 2200 not self lubricating. ID 1000's, BAP, 3.6 pulley and I put down 687RWHP and 530ft lbs of torque on 93.. It's a 16 S550 base Gt PP.

Sponsored

Repo58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base PP NOVI 2200
I'm tuned by Randy Smith out of Charleston, SC. He's great with any ford. And he stands by his tune.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Any kit with quality tuning will make you happy. Our custom supercharger kits have been extremely popular for our customers.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I daily my car, its 670 whp.
Fuel economy is about the same as well.. Unless I'm doing some 'spirited' driving.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
there are so many good options, our best bang for the buck is our custom paxton setup, but there are great options with vortech, procharger, whipple, hellion, vmp, etc..

hit us up with any questions, forced induction is our speciality

beef

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
No matter how you go you are going to need a Tune which I think many people overlook when considering Forced Induction which I was guilty of personally when I picked up my Procharger Stage 2 Tuner Kit, but I lucked out when I found [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] here on the forums who has not only helped me dial my car in to easily the one of the greatest cars I have ever driven/owned but has continuously helped me make some upgrades and changes along the way to make the car a true performer.

With that being said when I looked at power adders I really wanted to do the install myself both to save some cash and the satisfaction of building the car myself. I think that is where no one will deny the procharger really excels since it is a true bolt on and it can go on in a weekend with a normal selection of tools and some standard know how.

As far as maintenance on the procharger, there is the oil in the unit that needs to be swapped which is a pretty quick job and I expect to spend more on tires

Hope that helps, but from what I can tell there are no wrong answers with the great options we have for this platform.

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Hi

What forced induction system for the Coyote sums up, on your opinion, the best figures for reliability, semplicity of maintenance and a good amount of power?

I have a tune, should I re-install a new one designed for the forced induction?

Compression can be left OEM?

Thanks a lot.

its like anything else where maintenance is key and not getting greedy. any of the systems out there can be safely added to the car without fear of hurting it. as mentioned the tune is the most important part followed by good quality gasoline. stay on top of your oil changes, stay on top of the super charger maintenance (is applicable) and get a solid tune. it will live a long healthy life. every one of my coyotes has been boosted from the day i bought it lol. the biggest issue is its like a drug and its never enough. you get the car and its fast. then you want more. so you supercharge it. so for a few weeks you are like "omg this is amazing" then you start to get used to it and it becomes. "well maybe i can just add one more psi." or "shit this is a good deal on injectors. now i have injectors i can add more power" and you push it and push it until you are toting the line. :headbonk: hence why my 2012 has had the engine out 7 times and im on my 4th supercharger and 5th fuel system rofl. its an addiction

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Will trade install for opportunity to drive around Spain in a Whippled Stang!

Hes in Spain yall. With timezone and other differences, I would think only Whipple will get him a guaranteed OEM grade tune running immediately on install w zero risk.
For us stateside, Beefcake special Paxton maybe untouchable bang for buck. Whos tune on the BCSpecial Paxton?
If its rock solid and they support in Spain then sure.

How many tuners and shops w real experience does he have nearby in Spain?

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How many tuners and shops w real experience does he have nearby in Spain?
None where I live and I haven't enough experience either, that is why it would be a top priority a bolt on application, no custom mods required and a simple flash tune...

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I was between Whipple and PC. Picked up a stage 2 complete kit PC. Installed myself, kind of a pain and a bunch of cuts , but im a big guy, but saved the money for support mods. Tune is a bit trash, but now I have the money to Dyno tune. PC has great techs which helps alot. Instructions were ok. Best of luck
Sponsored