Lagometer

Noob Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Prem PP w/50 AP.
Definitely automatic. Just drop it into R (for Race) and stomp the guts out of the "go" pedal. The guy behind you will never know what hit him...

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
Haha, so I'm not the only one!

The shift pattern is identical to my 11'. You just had to push the knob down to go into reverse, whereas the 15' has the ring you pull up on. Was it different on the 12-14's?
nope, still the same. i have a used mgw shifter assembly from a 2013 boss302 in my 2011 gt and you still have to push down ie. no lockout ring.

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
The manual because all the person has to do is take it out of gear and roll it away.
Say what? You do realize you can move the gear lever to neutral in an automatic car... correct?

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Say what? You do realize you can move the gear lever to neutral in an automatic car... correct?
Not without ripping the dash apart to get to the interlock (hidden under the cupholders).

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Not without ripping the dash apart to get to the interlock (hidden under the cupholders).
That's not true. Every automatic car has an easy access port for the interlock. It just looks like a plastic rectangle. It's made so if you're car needs to be towed and you don't have the keys. Or if it gets repo'd etc. real easy to throw it in neutral on an automatic with or without the keys.

Ferdelance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gianluca
Vehicle(s)
Peugeot
Heard about a brand new '15 6MT GT that, according to the driver, was rear ended. Needs a new bumper, rear valence, rear tail light, etc... Bummer, but it happens I guess.

Then a little birdie close to the source said "not so fast, look at the shift pattern, compare it to the previous model and think about it for a moment..."

Boom, headshot!!

Yeah, with reverse right next to 1st gear, I guess it would be easy to think you're in 1st when you're really in reverse. Esp. if you're used to the old shift pattern.

Note: This was not me, and not my car. I do know the owner though.
I've never heard of this problem in Italy where almost all cars have manual. Furthermore when you are in reverse the rear camera should be on so I think it should be easy to know if you are in 1st or reverse. The shift pattern shouldn't be a problem .

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4

leftywayn

Past Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
A number of times I inadvertently shifted into reverse and started out before realizing it in my 135i. This was just after I'd gotten it. Reverse is located left and up from first, actuated after pushing down on the shifter. But it was still fairly easy to accidently find reverse when looking for first.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Code:
A number of times I inadvertently shifted into reverse and started out before realizing it in my 135i. This was just after I'd gotten it. Reverse is located left and up from first, actuated after pushing down on the shifter. But it was still fairly easy to accidently find reverse when looking for first.
You didn't have to push down on mine. It was an extra 'notch' left from first and then up.

Don't think I ever accidentally hit reverse instead of first, as reverse was quite a bit left of first.

leftywayn

Past Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
You didn't have to push down on mine. It was an extra 'notch' left from first and then up.
Yes correct, it wasn't down but an extra notch to the left, then up.

Shifting quickly, I could accidently end up in reverse.
Sponsored