908ssp's Build

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I pulled that stupid sound tube today on my GT. What a colossal pain in the ass. There is a nut on a stud holding the tube in the firewall. Nearly impossible to get at as it is behind the drivers side cylinder head. I did get it out and plugged the holes. No electrical anything so it didn't throw any codes which is as expected. Honestly if it made any difference in the sound I didn't notice but it sure cleaned up the engine bay on that side. That had a cost Ford a pretty penny. There is three chambers, two could have some kind diaphragm thing going on, three or four rubber sleeves, and a bunch of clamps. Why couldn't they have put that money to better use like making the shiny shit match in the interior.
Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
haha sweet wheres the official pics and writeup?!

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice work. That's the first thing to go. I noticed when I saw it in person that they managed to make it even more complicated than last years.
pics..

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How much does that stupid thing weight? ..barely anything I'm guessing

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
What did you use to plug the hole in the firewall and in the intake tube?

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I adjusted the hood latch it was too low and the rubber stops were out of adjustment. It made the hood really hard to close. You don't want to dent the hood with your hand pushing it too hard. The alignment is better the gaps are better too. The worst part is doing it without removing the radiator cover if you don't have extensive tool collection remove the cover. Still not half as hard as getting the nut off the stud for the noise tube.

Sponsored