90% Selling the Bullitt

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I'm very likely to be selling my Bullitt this spring.

Before I sell, I plan to take the Steeda Shocks/Struts and Steeda camber plates with upper rear shock mounts, and bolt the OEM bits back on.

I had already put the Steeda Springs on the OEM struts, and had the Steed springs installed in the rear. having the 'make it better itch' I then bought the Full Steeda Strut and shocks prebuilt from Steeda and just bolted them on. I'm figuring there will be no difference or advantage in selling (to a dealer) with the suspension upgrades, and I'll get more money back from selling the Steeda Units than the OEM units.

I've had them on for a year and maybe 3000 miles, and really do sharpen up the handling while also giving much easier - better camber adjustment. I'll likely put them up in the Marketplace once I get them off the car this weekend.

OK, you are wondering why and what?

First the What:

2014-991-Porsche-911-Targa-black-2754732065.jpg

The Why? Well, last year, I stumbled on a steal of a deal on another Porsche, a 1989 922 S2 with 44K miles and in pristine condition. It sat for 10 years under a cover in a climate controlled garage due to the owner being too old to drive. I scooped it up at a great price and just finished a mechanical refresh. It is like a new car. I like it but don't love it, and I have an offer that between selling it and the Bullitt will get me into the 991 with no out of pocket. The 991 is a goldilocks car for me.

I've loved the Bullitt, and am not 100% going to do it, but want to prep for quick movement if I can work a deal on the 991.

IMG_20240203_140320839.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I dislike Porsches with a passion due to my poor vision and their windshields always make me feel unable to see (the older ones arenā€™t as bad in my humble opinion as the GT3RS I drove :headbang:).
However I agree with @wingnutt.

Do it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No! J/k, kind of. Love the Bullittā€™s, I personally donā€™t see them very often around here so itā€™s always a pleasure when I do. Hopefully it all works out for you if you do go after the Porsche!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My dream car is a 911 Turbo, but it would need to have lots of power. The one thing that I would probably hate about it would be maintenance costs. Thereā€™s a red one that Iā€™ve seen run at my local track running high 9s in the 1/4.

Thereā€™s also this one that pops wheelies and still scoots. It wouldnā€™t necessarily need to be a drag car for me, but having one with the power that it takes to make one wheelie would be lots of fun on the street in some canyons.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CBETPTA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
IMO the Potsches of the world are becoming more desirable. The places that you can utilize todayā€™s muscle cars are becoming few and far between. The increased traffic and lack of driver competency, have the scales tipping toward a better handling car with outright horsepower being the second priority. Just my 2 cents

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
IMO the Potsches of the world are becoming more desirable. The places that you can utilize todayā€™s muscle cars are becoming few and far between. The increased traffic and lack of driver competency, have the scales tipping toward a better handling car with outright horsepower being the second priority. Just my 2 cents
Porsches aren't any slower for the most part. A 992 Targa 4S will do low 11's in the quarter. Even a heavy 991.1S Targa will trap about the same as the Bullitt.

Let's not even start with the real Turbos. Low 10's/high 9's bone stock.

Anyway, I don't blame OP. Any time you have the chance to buy a 911, just do it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Porsches aren't any slower for the most part. A 992 Targa 4S will do low 11's in the quarter. Even a heavy 991.1S Targa will trap about the same as the Bullitt.

Anyway, I don't blame OP. Any time you have the chance to buy a 911, just do it.
So, wondering what the long term cost of maintaining a Porsche 911 might be vs a Bullitt.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So, wondering what the long term cost of maintaining a Porsche 911 might be vs a Bullitt.
Judging from what I've read on Rennlist, a good bit higher but you should know what you're getting into. Worth it to me. At the extremes of high performance use, they hold together better than anything else out there.

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

Shhhhhh............... You are going to pop the balloon.........

This is EXACTLY why I bought the Bullitt in 2020 rather than going for the 911 then, and why I am at 90%.............

I ran the numbers on routine maintenance and running costs. It is Mustang Pennies to 911 Dollars. Insurance, AC compressors, Water Pumps, Tuneups, Brakes, etc.............

Stop raining on my parade! LOL........

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I dislike Porsches with a passion due to my poor vision and their windshields always make me feel unable to see (the older ones arenā€™t as bad in my humble opinion as the GT3RS I drove :headbang:).
However I agree with @wingnutt.

Do it.
Weird, I think visibility is one of the things that make Porsches quite practical for such sporty cars. I know it's great on my GT4. The rear visibility is hampered a bit by the wing, but still not bad. Being mid engined, you also don't have much hood to look over. I think the GT4 might actually have better visibility for the forward half than my Mach 1 (and the Mach 1 is still of course quite good).

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Weird, I think visibility is one of the things that make Porsches quite practical for such sporty cars. I know it's great on my GT4. The rear visibility is hampered a bit by the wing, but still not bad. Being mid engined, you also don't have much hood to look over. I think the GT4 might actually have better visibility for the forward half than my Mach 1 (and the Mach 1 is still of course quite good).
Perhaps my short height has something to do with itā€¦

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

I'd LOVE a 911 Turbo, they are in another world performance wise, but IMHO, P cars are about the total package of handling, comfort, drivability, character, not 1/4 mile traps. I stopped caring about that when I turned 40.

A N/A 911 is perfect for all I want.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'd LOVE a 911 Turbo, they are in another world performance wise, but IMHO, P cars are about the total package of handling, comfort, drivability, character, not 1/4 mile traps. I stopped caring about that when I turned 40.

A N/A 911 is perfect for all I want.
I agree. I'm just saying, they aren't any lesser in straightline performance than any of the modern muscle cars.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4