80 mm pulley.

Dogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Lund said that I would be better off putting on a 85 mm pulley instead of my 80mm. Said it was too much boost for stock internal engine using 93 pump gas.An 85 pulley would see about 9-10 lbs of boost. Confused on what to do. I do plan on 1000 injectors down the road.
Sponsored

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I would *ALWAYS* follow lund's advice. They always guide you towards the safe route.

That said, I ran a 79mm pulley without issue. Heck I ran a 75mm pulley on a less aggressive tune; I am not positive what he did for that, I imagine he lowered timing a lot and whatever other magic they do.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Boost doesn't always dictate power...take his advice...I do and he has never steered me wrong and my car always performs.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Boost doesn't always dictate power...take his advice...I do and he has never steered me wrong and my car always performs.
Exactly. Guys get so hung up on boost. Think of your engine as an air pump. The quicker you can get it in and out the more power you will make. Boost/Flow combination. If we stuck potatoes in our tailpipes we could make 50 PSI of boost and not make much power. ;)

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt Supercharged
Lund said that I would be better off putting on a 85 mm pulley instead of my 80mm. Said it was too much boost for stock internal engine using 93 pump gas.An 85 pulley would see about 9-10 lbs of boost. Confused on what to do. I do plan on 1000 injectors down the road.
Weird. Roush Phase 2 Is 80MM And 90 Percent Of The People On Here Run 80MM Or Less. You Will Need A Bap And Some Ford Racing Gt500 Injectors.

Sponsored

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Weird. Roush Phase 2 Is 80MM And 90 Percent Of The People On Here Run 80MM Or Less. You Will Need A Bap And Some Ford Racing Gt500 Injectors.
I'd be more specific with lund. I ran a 79mm on mine for 20k pretty sure he means with the injectors that the kit comes with and without a bap. I was using a bap with id1000s

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
They told me they would tune for a 79mm with just a BAP, but it would be better to have injectors.

OP
OP
Dogo

Dogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Going to do what Lund said. Now how in the heck do you get that belt tensioner to move enough to get the belt off ? I can get some tension off, but it does"nt feel like its enough. I need more than an 1/4 of inch. Whats the trick?

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Going to do what Lund said. Now how in the heck do you get that belt tensioner to move enough to get the belt off ? I can get some tension off, but it does"nt feel like its enough. I need more than an 1/4 of inch. Whats the trick?
I always just pulled the tensioner hard and lifted the belt off the pulley.

Be sure to loosen the bolts from the pulley before you take the belt off.

OP
OP
Dogo

Dogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I always just pulled the tensioner hard and lifted the belt off the pulley.

Be sure to loosen the bolts from the pulley before you take the belt off.
Well I can push or pull , I hit stuff that wont let me go any more. I know about the bolts . I"ll try again in the morning. There is slack,don"t know if enough to slip that sucker off..I"ll have the wife help. Thanks.
Sponsored