Sponsored

7year 100,000 mile extended warranty?

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
Well, it's better than say back in the olden days when they would try to sell you scotch guard for $600 and rust proofing for $800, etc, etc, what a hoot! :D

Terry
I worked detail at a dealership for 7 years. The protection package stuff is such a rip off and the aftermarket salespeople loved laughing at everyone they sold it to. Paint sealant is actually pretty good stuff. However, it doesn't mean you can skip on waxing and it doesn't work if you don't keep getting it reapplied. The leather and cloth protection is literally just armorall and scotch guard. It takes 15 minutes for us to put it on.
Sponsored

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
I have the Ford ESP, 7/100 and purchased it from a dealer on line for $1400. This includes light replacement for all lights, as well as first day rental, even if it goes in for an oil change now (already used twice). The ESP is transferrable, so, if you decide to sell the car, it goes with it and costs, I believe $25.00 for the new owner to activate. I had a computer die on my previous '97 Cobra, while under warranty.The repair was $3200. paid by Ford, in 1998. So, I feel these are well worth the cost, especially if you plan to keep the car. I also purchased the MOPAR Lifetime warranty on my wife's 2015 Jeep, as we plan to run the wheels off of it. Also, the Ford ESP is good at every dealer, while third party warranties can require you to use the selling dealer or pay for the repairs and get reimbursed. Extended warranties are simply an insurance policy, just like the ones on your home and car. Just don't get ripped off by the dealer, shop around on line before you buy. My Jeep dealer was pushing their third party warranty, until I told the finance officer I could get the MOPAR Lifetime one, on line for $2100. and asked if they would sell it to me at that price...they did.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
^ I agree 1 items on these newer cars could be more expensive to fix than ESP costs.

I think my 5/60k was $1200-1300 somewhere in there. Say the head unit touchscreen dies. That's EASILY a $800-1000 bill just for the part, and probably near the same to tear apart the dash and replace. Right there you won if nothing else goes wrong.

And 90% the electronics will crap out first before many other areas of the car; just the nature of them.

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
I just traded in my '15 V6 for a new '15 base GT (Smoking deal). I also purchased the 6/125,000 mi ESP Premium for 1900.00. I will put that many miles and more on it and plan to keep the car for quite a while. I feel it's a good deal. Oh and I got 0% ford financing.

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I put my info in on the Ford.com site and they quoted me $2550 for the 7yr/75k Premium Care coverage. I was told to buy through Flood Ford in Rhode Island. When I put my info in they were only asking $1290. Am I missing something?? The site states that they offer the same warranty as offered from Ford. I usually don't buy an ESP but with all the electronics in this car I may get one.

Given To Fly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Limited
I put my info in on the Ford.com site and they quoted me $2550 for the 7yr/75k Premium Care coverage. I was told to buy through Flood Ford in Rhode Island. When I put my info in they were only asking $1290. Am I missing something?? The site states that they offer the same warranty as offered from Ford. I usually don't buy an ESP but with all the electronics in this car I may get one.
Is it the exact same warranty?

General rule of thumb on extended warranties is whatever they quote you, figure 50% off that quote is a ok deal.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I did the quote on Flood Ford's site and took it to my dealer. They matched it with no hesitation.
Sponsored