Sponsored

7year 100,000 mile extended warranty?

Indyorangepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition Orange 15' GT base 6 spd
So I bought a 2015 base GT with a build date of feb. 2015 on door.I opted for the 7yr 100k extended warranty, paid about $2750 for that I think.I'm at 14k and owned car over a year now, no problems really.I added a borla cat-back a couple months back.Very satisfied with the car.I dont want to mod it to the point i screw up warranty but you know, 7yrs is alot of time with the car before you turn it up.So is my dilemma.I do put this car thru its paces at times, and then i just drive it for hundreds of miles and admire the gas mileage.
Please give any feedback you have on your experience with these type of warrantys.Also, is this a transferable warranty?I bought it from the dealership but i kno its probably not a Ford branded warranty company.
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I have an extended warranty but haven't had to use it yet. If you're concerned about voiding it but want to mod, just get Roush and Ford Racing stuff--most of it is warranty safe. In retrospect I probably wouldn't have gotten an extended warranty because I drive this car so much I will pass up the 100k limit way before I reach 7 years. But that's because I just love driving it.

Schism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Perf
Seems like a salesman or cashier tries to sell me some type of warranty with everything I buy anymore. Car, $20. headphones; everything except perishables and tattoos..

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Seems like a salesman or cashier tries to sell me some type of warranty with everything I buy anymore. Car, $20. headphones; everything except perishables and tattoos..
Among most things you can warranty, a car is one of if not the most expensive to fix if something goes horribly wrong. I can understand people wanting to preserve their automobile warranty as opposed to a pair of headphones.

Sponsored

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
I really need to rethink the Ford extended warranty and make a decision soon, right now I'm at 31.5 K mi and rack up 500 per week. Dealer says I can purchase any time up to the 35,999 mile mark. Time is running out! Any ideas who has the best price?

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Only way id spend that money is if It was a Diesel and I did on my F350
and guess what it blew the heads off.......I won !

but for a car like our mustangs I think you wasted your money

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Call up your dealer and find out what the process is to cancel your extended warranty if you don't want it. They prorate it based on the mileage you have used it and the rest goes towards your loan.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it's better than say back in the olden days when they would try to sell you scotch guard for $600 and rust proofing for $800, etc, etc, what a hoot! :D

Terry

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Holy smokes batman that's rape for that price. I called Mercury insurance for an extended warranty and let's just say it was less than 1k. For no deductible. Also try credit unions mine offers extended warranty and it was also way cheaper.

Sponsored

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
So I bought a 2015 base GT with a build date of feb. 2015 on door.I opted for the 7yr 100k extended warranty, paid about $2750 for that I think.I'm at 14k and owned car over a year now, no problems really.I added a borla cat-back a couple months back.Very satisfied with the car.I dont want to mod it to the point i screw up warranty but you know, 7yrs is alot of time with the car before you turn it up.So is my dilemma.I do put this car thru its paces at times, and then i just drive it for hundreds of miles and admire the gas mileage.
Please give any feedback you have on your experience with these type of warrantys.Also, is this a transferable warranty?I bought it from the dealership but i kno its probably not a Ford branded warranty company.
With my first car I bought an extended warranty, and then realized that I already have a warranty since its a new car. The warranty you bought is for after the first warranty runs out, so you kinda pre bought a warranty for the future.

You can just go into the finance department and tell them you don't want it anymore and to give you a refund. They should take it off your principle balance, hope that helps.

If you want the warranty later on down the road, you can get it once the factory warranty runs out.

No reason to pay 3 years of interest on a warranty that isn't being used.

Plus you can always talk them down on the warranty prices...

:cheers:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
read the paperwork you maybe able to get some kinda pro rated refund

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Among most things you can warranty, a car is one of if not the most expensive to fix if something goes horribly wrong. I can understand people wanting to preserve their automobile warranty as opposed to a pair of headphones.
I just got another 2 years/14k miles up to 5 years/60k. That's about how long I keep a car and Im just under 2 years old (come December) with only 6500 miles.

For $1200-1300 it costs, if one thing breaks on it in the 2 extra years it paid for itself really.

Coming a S197 with no gadgets, I was more worried about the touchscreen and all of the electronics more than anything else. That is typically not cheap to fix when you tack on dealership labor so.... Also I have a 2015 and the first model of the refresh you just never know what will go wrong; so far so good overall it seems for most people but you didnt know in 2014.

It wasnt a huge cost for a $45k car for 2 years of piece of mind.

With my first car I bought an extended warranty, and then realized that I already have a warranty since its a new car. The warranty you bought is for after the first warranty runs out, so you kinda pre bought a warranty for the future.

You can just go into the finance department and tell them you don't want it anymore and to give you a refund. They should take it off your principle balance, hope that helps.

If you want the warranty later on down the road, you can get it once the factory warranty runs out.

No reason to pay 3 years of interest on a warranty that isn't being used.

Plus you can always talk them down on the warranty prices...

:cheers:
Yes ESP will prorate and refund you if you cancel. Very simple really.

Unfortunately in some states like here in FL, the law does not allow you to go outside of the state to purchase ESP, so dealers generally dont negotiate outside of the book price for it. They know they have you locked in. Price fixing/anti-competitive issue to me, but what can you do.

Holy smokes batman that's rape for that price. I called Mercury insurance for an extended warranty and let's just say it was less than 1k. For no deductible. Also try credit unions mine offers extended warranty and it was also way cheaper.
Be VERY careful of those insurance company warranties. They are not in business to pay claims as their business model being an insurance company. It also may or may not cover certain things in fine print in the contract. It may also allow cheapo parts vs OEM parts to be used. Unless you buy their ultra platinum super plan which ends up being what Ford charges anyway.

That's the great thing about ESP, it's Ford-backed and its just a continuation of your bumper to bumper factory warranty which covers everything basically.

For a few hundred dollars difference I would go (and did go) ESP and not have any issues with denials of claims and junk parts.

Last edited:

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The Ford warranties are refundable if you don't want it. You can buy a warranty directly from Ford's website without the dealer mark-up as long as you do it before the 3/36 BtB warranty expires. The 7 yr, 100K powertrain warranty is a pretty good deal if you plan on keeping the car that long. It covers engine, transmission and rearend/axles. Most people trade before the 100K mark since the value of the car plummets after 100K. If you plan on trading, get the 75K powertrain. Or roll the dice. Most cars are easily good to 75K with no major powertrain problems but if you go to the repairs/warranty/TSB forum, you will see that cars do have major problems and they are very expensive to fix.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The Ford warranties are refundable if you don't want it. You can buy a warranty directly from Ford's website without the dealer mark-up as long as you do it before the 3/36 BtB warranty expires.
All true but just to correct this, they are PARTIALLY refundable after I believe 60 or 90 days the refund is prorated by how much time is left from that date.

And you must check your state law if you can purchase a warranty out of state/online or from anywhere but the dealership. Here in FL you are locked to buying it at the dealership by state law. You cannot buy from out of state cheaper nor from online (but I only paid Ford pricing with no markup to so no loss there)
Sponsored