Sponsored

6R80 Reset or Disable Adaptive Transmission Tables

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello all,

Outside of simply disconnecting the car's battery for a few hours, how do you reset the adaptive transmission tables? Better yet, how can you outright disable it through FORScan?

Tried looking far and wide for answers, but everything was about the 10R80, or locked away with a simple answer "I disabled it," with no means on how to do it. Can't make a thread on the FORScan forums, because you need some special invitation code to even make an account on it...
Sponsored

OP
OP
MidnightStars

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hello all,

Outside of simply disconnecting the car's battery for a few hours, how do you reset the adaptive transmission tables? Better yet, how can you outright disable it through FORScan?

Tried looking far and wide for answers, but everything was about the 10R80, or locked away with a simple answer "I disabled it," with no means on how to do it. Can't make a thread on the FORScan forums, because you need some special invitation code to even make an account on it...
Check this thread out; even though it’s for the 10R80, most of what is discussed and how to do it may also apply to the 6R80 too:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...daptive-learning-transmission-options.190874/

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You can disable the adaptives on the 6R80. Mine has been off for about 5K miles. No issues.

Sponsored

1995_4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kendall
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th GT LE, 1966 "A" code, 2019 Energi
You can disable the adaptives on the 6R80. Mine has been off for about 5K miles. No issues.
How did you accomplish this?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
OP
OP
MidnightStars

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
PCM - Clear Transmission Adaptive Tables under the services tab. https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90306#p90306

Also, if Forscan disable is available for your transmission, this is what to look for: https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90306#p90306
Check this thread out; even though it’s for the 10R80, most of what is discussed and how to do it may also apply to the 6R80 too:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...daptive-learning-transmission-options.190874/
Thank you all for your help. I have found the settings, and have proceeded to clear, halt, and stop the adaptive transmission. She shifts smoother than butter now, I have long forgotten just how smooth the 6R80 is capable of shifting, I can't feel a thing!
How did you accomplish this?
Take a look at what MiamiGT350 shared. If you have FORScan, that's how.
These modules/scripts are found within the BCM (BdyCM).
1705541930361.png

I personally ran "Clear...," "Halt...," and "Stop...," in that order.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thank you all for your help. I have found the settings, and have proceeded to clear, halt, and stop the adaptive transmission. She shifts smoother than butter now, I have long forgotten just how smooth the 6R80 is capable of shifting, I can't feel a thing!

Take a look at what MiamiGT350 shared. If you have FORScan, that's how.
These modules/scripts are found within the BCM (BdyCM).
1705541930361.png

I personally ran "Clear...," "Halt...," and "Stop...," in that order.
Good to hear you’re able to perform the updates you wanted via Forscan.

So the drivability is night-n-day from what it used to be?

I don’t know why auto manufacturers believe there is a need for “adaptive learning” transmission code when it’s doing nothing but causing owners to dislike how the trans shifts/pertorms.

OP
OP
MidnightStars

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Good to hear you’re able to perform the updates you wanted via Forscan.

So the drivability is night-n-day from what it used to be?

I don’t know why auto manufacturers believe there is a need for “adaptive learning” transmission code when it’s doing nothing but causing owners to dislike how the trans shifts/pertorms.
Surprisingly, yeah. I've driven it in this condition for about six years, and personally complained to myself about the 1-2-3 and sometimes 3-4 shifts being unusually rough or "hesitant." And when switching between drive & reverse (especially from drive to reverse), it feels like being shot or something WHY does the whole thing CLUNK!?

Transmission reset, then all shifts are perfectly smooth, even between drive and reverse. 99% of the time, I can't tell if it shifted. The only definite shift I can feel is 1-2, but easily forgetable from how smooth everything is overall.

In sport mode, it has the proper, non-hesitant, firm shift--rougher than drive mode, but an expected amount of shift force.

Sponsored

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I absolutely hate the adaptive transmission learning feature of my car. Every 6-9 months I have to reset KAM from my tuner because my transmission starts misbehaving. Clunking, sometimes it lags 3-4 seconds when I floor the gas trying to change lane. I will have to check to see if I have the option to disable it in Forscan, Thank you guys for the information.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Just an update on this, I have a 2016 V6 with the 6R80. This procedure works, and I used the same steps of Clear, Halt and then stop the adaptive learning. This change made me to like my car again...I was really frustrated with the transmission as it was very unpredictable and weird shifting most of the times. Now It's shifting as it should and very consistant. The programming is not changing and it's very predictable.
Sponsored