Sponsored

6r80 Down, need recommendations

JRodSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Transmission was slipping and finally let go on a high gear shift. Had to turn car on and off to reset and I could barely drive with it slipping but as soon as it grabbed or converter locked it would bog and go to neutral. No codes. Took the trans out and calling some shops next week but wanted to hear from personal experiences here.

Circle D 4c converter sent to circle d to get tested and refreshed.

Car is at about 670hp and it will stay like that. Track days once in a blue moon with boostane will be low 700s.

For those that have built, beef up or whatever you want to call it. What did you do and how much am I looking to spend? Ballpark

Thanks and any info will be appreciated.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I would not mess with power power hour,bought a rebuild kit and the filter they sent me waz from china.The neck was so flimisy i was scared it was going to crack when trying to seat the filter.Well it didnt seat and after changing out the fluid and other things i needed to do the filter ending out not being seated all the way and my car had no reverse and would not go in third.I really hope they dont put this filter in their performance built transmissions.That filter was lthe worst aftermarket i have ever used and i did alot of filter swaps.Their are a couple guys on here that have good reps rebuilding these i will have to get their names for you.I would do clutches intermidiate shaft and planetary.Dont skip on the planetary,when it goes it destroys everything.Believe me i know!!!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yup thatz the name i was thinking of!!

OP
OP
JRodSan

JRodSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
I would not mess with power power hour,bought a rebuild kit and the filter they sent me waz from china.The neck was so flimisy i was scared it was going to crack when trying to seat the filter.Well it didnt seat and after changing out the fluid and other things i needed to do the filter ending out not being seated all the way and my car had no reverse and would not go in third.I really hope they dont put this filter in their performance built transmissions.That filter was lthe worst aftermarket i have ever used and i did alot of filter swaps.Their are a couple guys on here that have good reps rebuilding these i will have to get their names for you.I would do clutches intermidiate shaft and planetary.Dont skip on the planetary,when it goes it destroys everything.Believe me i know!!!

Thank you!

Sponsored

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Dang you live in FL. Only one guy to go to Brett Lasala. He is the man. Had mine rebuilt last month.

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I recently changed from a Paxton set up to a Vortech JT billet. It is a FBO car with everything except a short block.