Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I must agree, same tuner on all 3 sounds suspect. 6R80 is a great tranny, I had 3 so far, 1 had 45,000 miles with no problems, but, I road race backroads, no drag.
Sponsored

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've beat on my car pretty good drag racing every other weekend, a handful of road course events and rolls but I've done all the maintenance at least twice as soon as recommended. The 3rd car is also N/A with mine and very limited racing. Does anyone know what inside of the tune could make this happen?

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Are these your internals? What went south? clutch packs, intermediate shaft?
Yes, all of the clutches and intermediate shaft snapped in half. Also having solenoid issues now but there's a pinched wire when the trans was put back in (from what we can tell).

Went with the Exedy stage 2 clutches and billet intermediate shaft alone with a new driveshaft for good measure. None of those parts should be needed for a N/A car but might as well for the price of building an OEM trans.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Shitty tuner. All 3 of you guys should at least demand your money back on those tunes. I havent come across any failed 6R80s, there's people going 1000hp and 8-9sec 1/4 miles. If he refuses warn him that all 3 of you will go to social media with his name and the issues you've had.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think the tune for the transmission is not giving max line pressure during shifts or not limiting torque when shifting or something rpm related is not right causing the downshift high rpm.

Sponsored

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wait I'm confused your sig says Lund tuned?
I was working with the local tuner to run some comparison tests at the time.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sooooo.... if read correctly, (3) of you had your vehicles (w/6R80s) "tuned" by the same shop or individual and so far, all (3) have experienced the same failure with the 6R80 - is that true?

If so, the next question I have is:
What has the "Tuner" said about the failures?

H35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My buddy is having the same problem!!

Twin turbo tuned by Lund, in the middle of a gear at full throttle it snapped the intermediate shaft.
Rebuilt the trans and on the first pull at mid rpm, full throttle.....same thing, snapped the shaft...

What are your thoughts

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

Twin turbo tuned by Lund, in the middle of a gear at full throttle it snapped the intermediate shaft.
Rebuilt the trans and on the first pull at mid rpm, full throttle.....same thing, snapped the shaft...

What are your thoughts
Very odd that a built trans on the first pull would suffer the same failure. Power?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sal GT

Sal GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Procharged GT
Sooooo.... if read correctly, (3) of you had your vehicles (w/6R80s) "tuned" by the same shop or individual and so far, all (3) have experienced the same failure with the 6R80 - is that true?

If so, the next question I have is:
What has the "Tuner" said about the failures?
Yes, true.

The tuner told me its time for a rebuild. He also said he sent the tune files to his friends who are also tuners and they could not find any issues.

If I am not mistaken he told Mark it happened because he beats on his car all the time....

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Sorry dude, this guy screwed all 3 of you.

Tell him that you sent the file to "your friends" and they all said it's what caused the issue.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry dude, this guy screwed all 3 of you.

Tell him that you sent the file to "your friends" and they all said it's what caused the issue.
But, but, but, he's the best tooner in houston. Ask anyone in Houston and they'll tell ya... he has quite the following.

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What are your thoughts
Was this ever resolved? A friend od mine snapped 3 shafts already, also Lund tuned.
Sponsored