Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
The automatic also features a redesigned case with cast-in ribs that help make it stiffer and reduce the weight. Internally clutches have been optimized and operating temperature has been increased to reduce friction. The output shaft is now supported by a ball-bearing that enables a top speed of 155 mph for Mustang GT.
We know there will be steering wheel mounted Paddle Shifts, there have been some improvements (as above), and the ratios (which are identical to the Australian Falcons brilliant German ZF Auto Box)

First 4.17
Second 2.34
Third 1.52
Fourth 1.14
Fifth 0.87
Sixth 0.69
Final drive

Does anyone know what Make and Model this Auto is ? It would be great if it was the ZF.
Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
The ratios are the same from the current 6R80 so I'm betting it's the same transmission.
Correct. Ford copies the ZF under license, they've been doing it for years, although Ford can't match the German's tolerances.

Steve, Ford Aus use this box in the Diesel Territory.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Correct. Ford copies the ZF under license, they've been doing it for years, although Ford can't match the German's tolerances.

Steve, Ford Aus use this box in the Diesel Territory.
Thanks Falc' & Grimace, I hope it has the same performance credentials as the real thing (ZF).

Sponsored

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
The ratios are the same from the current 6R80 so I'm betting it's the same transmission.
Yes same transmission, we will se how well ford tunes it in the new car. I have a 2011, my friend has a 2014 both roush, while mines a lot faster, the tuning on his transmission is better. If ford does a good job tuning the shifting should be a awesome setup. One thing I can say the 6R80 is one strong transmission. I beet the crap out of mine, 10 second 1/4 miles runs with slicks, and it never complains at all. 40,000 trouble free supercharged miles

redhot91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW M Coupe
Does anyone know if the Ecoboost model will carry the same transmission as the GT? I figured they would be, but you never know.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Does anyone know if the Ecoboost model will carry the same transmission as the GT? I figured they would be, but you never know.
All models are the same AT and MT