Sk7blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeed
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hello,
I own a 2017 mustang gt 6 speed auto trans. Im posting this because I couldn’t find an answer to my questions. After i tuned my car a a very known place, my trans started shift weird. Especially 3-4. I went to so many tuners no one could help and told me that nothing is wrong with my trans. After all efforts, I went to the dealer ship and the car was diagnosed then they told me my trans needs a rebuilt however im pretty sure that the issue is not with the trans because this car is only 50k miles and has never been in a race. Can anyone help to address my issue. Thank you.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hello,
I own a 2017 mustang gt 6 speed auto trans. Im posting this because I couldn’t find an answer to my questions. After i tuned my car a a very known place, my trans started shift weird. Especially 3-4. I went to so many tuners no one could help and told me that nothing is wrong with my trans. After all efforts, I went to the dealer ship and the car was diagnosed then they told me my trans needs a rebuilt however im pretty sure that the issue is not with the trans because this car is only 50k miles and has never been in a race. Can anyone help to address my issue. Thank you.
What do you mean by weird?

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
go back to stock tune and compare... if everything is smooth, the problem is the tune....

my canned sct x4 tune was GARBAGE... i hated how the transmission was shifting... specially down shifting... but after the PBD tune, now i love it...

OP
OP

Sk7blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeed
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
go back to stock tune and compare... if everything is smooth, the problem is the tune....

my canned sct x4 tune was GARBAGE... i hated how the transmission was shifting... specially down shifting... but after the PBD tune, now i love it...
I went back to stock but i have the same issue with the trans. I don't know is it because that Im full bolts on on a stock tune.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
How can a tune affect a manual trans ? Shifting & gear set is input from the driver ?

I'm lost

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
What’s the weird behavior you’re experiencing? Usually when you install a new tune, it takes 2-3 days for the ecu to learn how you drive and how it should modify its operations. Mine shifted super hard when I flashed my MPT tune to the point that I was concerned that something would break in the drivetrain, but after 3-4 days it calmed down and shifted properly. Oh btw, it seems that Drive and Sport have their own profiles and relearn period ,Afaik.

OP
OP

Sk7blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeed
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
What’s the weird behavior you’re experiencing? Usually when you install a new tune, it takes 2-3 days for the ecu to learn how you drive and how it should modify its operations. Mine shifted super hard when I flashed my MPT tune to the point that I was concerned that something would break in the drivetrain, but after 3-4 days it calmed down and shifted properly. Oh btw, it seems that Drive and Sport have their own profiles and relearn period ,Afaik.
Thank you. I just updated my tune i will wait and see.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If it's doing the same thing on the stock tune, your dealer is probably correct.

I learned to tune myself because everytime I bought a tune the trans would either flare the 3>4 shift or knock my fillings out on the 1>2. Usually both this even after giving it enough time to "learn"

The way I tune my trans now is to adjust the adaptive slip timer so the trans adjusts itself to a firm quick shift.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Op still has not defined “weird” .. 3&4 shifts are very different from 1&2. What are the shifts like when you use the paddles?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Not familiar with the term “flares” please elaborate...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The engine will rev up between the shift. Very hard on clutches.

Basically they release the off going clutch before the on going clutch can take the power. Another problem I have seen from tuners is they will hold the off going clutch too long. That acts like putting on the brakes between shifts.
Sponsored