Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Oh ok, I had that happen on my 6r80, I got it built to 1000hp with an Exedy stage 2 kit. they showed me the 3-4 clutches, which is where the issue was happening, & they were burnt badly. Op needs a complete rebuilt there is no salvaging that. I recommend an Exedy stage 2 build especially if your gonna boost it later.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Sk7blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeed
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Oh ok, I had that happen on my 6r80, I got it built to 1000hp with an Exedy stage 2 kit. they showed me the 3-4 clutches, which is where the issue was happening, & they were burnt badly. Op needs a complete rebuilt there is no salvaging that. I recommend an Exedy stage 2 build especially if your gonna boost it later.
But mine is stock. The only thing it has is CAI, LTH, and Exhaust system with a tune. I think this may happen later but for now. Is it the tune or this could also happen with low hp mustangs

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I can't say 100% but I believe it was the tune. Like I said earlier I learned to tune myself due to no one tuning the 6R80 properly. Every tune I have bought and every tuned mustang I have ridden in had the 3>4 flare and most knocked my teeth out on the 1>2

If it is doing it on the stock tune the clutches are toast.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine started acting up with 18k miles on it, but my 800+ crank hp supercharger caused its failure. The dealership told you it needs a rebuild. The question is, will they cover it under warranty, especially with a tune on your car. If not your on your own...

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I can't say 100% but I believe it was the tune. Like I said earlier I learned to tune myself due to no one tuning the 6R80 properly. Every tune I have bought and every tuned mustang I have ridden in had the 3>4 flare and most knocked my teeth out on the 1>2

If it is doing it on the stock tune the clutches are toast.
What do you use to tune your trans with? Is there a good how-to information that you've used to learn?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I use HP tuners and the only way I've found to get the trans to work properly is to reduce the adaptive slip timers. By doing this the trans computer makes the adjustments to get the shift I want.

I have had no luck manually adjusting things, always ends with flare.

Mine shifts nice and firm but does not flare and does not knock my teeth out.
From the factory the adaptive's are set to soften and smooth the shifts, this is why when you manually adjust things the trans self adjusts and you get flare.

I just set them to firm and quicken the shifts. Takes about 3 days of driving after a flash and my trannie is exactly the way I like it. Took about 2 weeks to find the correct time for each shift.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your looking to climb up a tree with no branches. There is no tune that can fix burnt clutches. I know it hard for you to believe that this has happened with the mods that you have but the dealership’s conclusion is correct, based on the info you have given. see if they will fix it under warranty.

OP
OP

Sk7blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeed
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I use HP tuners and the only way I've found to get the trans to work properly is to reduce the adaptive slip timers. By doing this the trans computer makes the adjustments to get the shift I want.

I have had no luck manually adjusting things, always ends with flare.

Mine shifts nice and firm but does not flare and does not knock my teeth out.
From the factory the adaptive's are set to soften and smooth the shifts, this is why when you manually adjust things the trans self adjusts and you get flare.

I just set them to firm and quicken the shifts. Takes about 3 days of driving after a flash and my trannie is exactly the way I like it. Took about 2 weeks to find the correct time for each shift.
Can you please send me a dm so i can tell you what happened when I updated the tune.

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Can you please send me a dm so i can tell you what happened when I updated the tune.
May as well post it here so others can find find the conversation and what does or doesn't work. Others will run into the same exact situation and end up asking the same questions! It's better if they can read through this to avoid asking the same things. Plus I would like to know as well in case I run into the same situation at some point.
Thanks

Sponsored

MADaccountant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kestutis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 5.0
3 to 4 it Flares
Hey, are you talking about this?

My does this after supercharger install :)

I went to Lund for a custom tune, but they see it from the logs Transmission is broken and slips.

I'm going for a new trans..

Last edited:
OP
OP

Sk7blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeed
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hey, are you talking about this?

My does this after supercharger install :)

I went to Lund for a custom tune, but they see it from the logs Transmission is broken and slips.

I'm going for a new trans..
Exactly lol

OP
OP

Sk7blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeed
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Mine started acting up with 18k miles on it, but my 800+ crank hp supercharger caused its failure. The dealership told you it needs a rebuild. The question is, will they cover it under warranty, especially with a tune on your car. If not your on your own...
I think it depends on the dealer. My dealer is going to fix it under warranty.

OP
OP

Sk7blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeed
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
maybe some kam reset?
I will try that but i lost hope my car was tuned with 5 different tuners and those are the best around the world lol. I think @K4fxd is 100% correct no one will help you on with your own car you have to learn.

OP
OP

Sk7blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saeed
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Your looking to climb up a tree with no branches. There is no tune that can fix burnt clutches. I know it hard for you to believe that this has happened with the mods that you have but the dealership’s conclusion is correct, based on the info you have given. see if they will fix it under warranty.
Hopefully they will. Thanks man
Sponsored