4G LTE WI-FI HOTSPOT REMOVAL

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have the hotspot delete and am still able to remote start my car through the FordPass app. As @Wingnutzz said it is only the hot spot that is gone. My car is connected to my Wi-Fi and everything works from that perspective
I see. Can you also remote start the car through the app when it isn't near your home? That is, when there's no known hotspot close by?
I seem to remember that the earliest incarnation of the remote start via FordPass, on other Ford models, didn't offer a hotspot feature despite still using LTE for internet access. A friend of mine had a C-Max built for the US market back when the feature wasn't available in Europe, which I think was like that, if memory serves. But I didn't know it was ever implemented like this in the Mustang. Live and learn. :blush:
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
It's things like this why these cars weigh so much.
It's a sports car; it doesn't need wifi.

I'd love it if Ford made a stripped down, no-tech version and save a few hundred pounds.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I see. Can you also remote start the car through the app when it isn't near your home? That is, when there's no known hotspot close by?
I seem to remember that the earliest incarnation of the remote start via FordPass, or other Ford models, didn't offer a hotspot feature despite still using LTE for internet access. So I guess this is possible. But I didn't know it was ever implemented like this in the Mustang. Live and learn. :blush:
Yep, I’ve been able to do it at my kids school, from the train and a few other places where my car is not connected to my home Wi-Fi.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
So the TCU is there.
It's just the WiFi chipset in the TCU that is gone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SkYLiNe00X

SkYLiNe00X

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GREG
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1 Premium 10-Speed
I have the hotspot delete and am still able to remote start my car through the FordPass app. As @Wingnutzz said it is only the hot spot that is gone. My car is connected to my Wi-Fi and everything works from that perspective
Same here :handshake:

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
When I ordered I requested the delete, I have no idea the dollar value at that time. I believe I read somewhere that it is an AT&T hot spot only? Does this sound likely ??

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Last time I was at the local dealer getting wife's truck oil change, they had 2 convert mustangs one with that listed on the window sticker.
I am thinking There is no ford iou as they listed the fact on the window sticker.
I have not used mine, but I'd assume you'd need to pay a fee after x months to keep using it anyways. Again no idea, as I have no need to use mine, my phone does the hot spot if I need one.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
When I ordered I requested the delete, I have no idea the dollar value at that time. I believe I read somewhere that it is an AT&T hot spot only? Does this sound likely ??
Yes it is AT&T only. There is no choice of carrier. And there is a monthly charge because of that.

Also it is not a delete option. Ford makes that decision based on parts availability.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Understood, I saw it on the order guide and mentioned it at the time I placed my order in September, I don’t know what the situation was then…

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60