Sponsored

4 Years of Ownership

CorralesR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R HR067
What a great thread! I just crossed the 1 year anniversary of owning my 17 R model. I was out of the sports car hobby for many years and got in to Toyota Land cruisers and off roading. The Shelby is an amazing experience EVERY time I get behind the wheel. I still get out in the desert but do it in my old Tacoma. Best of both worlds!
Sponsored

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Monday January 8th marks 4 years of ownership of my Shelby GT350. It's been a great ride both literally and figuratively. I have not owned a wide range of sports cars, so my experience may be skewed a bit, but I have found this to be a most satisfying car in all aspects of ownership. I would love to have the $ and space to experience a Porsche, Ferrari, Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Challenger, BMW M series, etc. but I have to say that the feedback from the car community, not just Ford owners, has been very positive and affirming.
Is this car perfect? No, but pretty darn close to perfect for me. The looks are off the charts, never get tired of staring, walking past it, watching my wife pull out of the driveway with it, or looking back after parking it. Interior wise the space, comfort and visibility make it a very livable car for any type of driving. Some say it is a "large" car, especially the hood, but I don't get that sense. My 2016GT with the big hood cowl of the original s550 design did feel a bit large, but this car just seems to shrink around me. I don't get a sense of it being overly massive.
Handling is incredible both on and off the track, plenty of grip and steering response is very good. Maybe I don't push the car to the limit at the track, but it's never felt out of control or at its limit of handling. The brakes are superb and inspire a lot of confidence. The sound is... well.... it's the sound. Hard to describe. The uniqueness of the FPC build created something that may never be duplicated again. Every time I get into the car I have a feeling of nervous excitement and anticipation, almost like I was test driving it for the first time. Pushing the start button and hearing that engine roar to life.... wow... is it spring yet?
It's been a joy to drive in all situations.... errands around town, cruising down a country road with no particular place to go, long road trips down south to Tennessee and Kentucky, or on the track at Road America.

I don't plan on selling this car, but I have learned to say "God willing" in all circumstances as we don't know what life has planned for us.
Right now I am just very grateful to be in a position to own and drive this car.
I also want to thank the Mustang 6g community for your friendship and encouragement during all my seasons of ownership, all the questions, advice, etc.

Remember..
"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby.
DSC_0001 2.jpg
Thank you for your honest and humble opinion of this fantastic car. I have a 2019 GT350 and love it to death. Enjoy.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
So it begs the question, who has the longest ownership of their original GT350?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So it begs the question, who has the longest ownership of their original GT350?
Jay Leno (half joking, he still has his 2015 R). Would be curious if anyone here is one of the few that has a 2015.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Ownership on this forum

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ownership on this forum
Oh I know. Just had to throw a little joke in there.

edit: I do ask my second part of that seriously though. Are any of the lucky few 2015 owners here?

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
Monday January 8th marks 4 years of ownership of my Shelby GT350. It's been a great ride both literally and figuratively. I have not owned a wide range of sports cars, so my experience may be skewed a bit, but I have found this to be a most satisfying car in all aspects of ownership. I would love to have the $ and space to experience a Porsche, Ferrari, Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Challenger, BMW M series, etc. but I have to say that the feedback from the car community, not just Ford owners, has been very positive and affirming.
Is this car perfect? No, but pretty darn close to perfect for me. The looks are off the charts, never get tired of staring, walking past it, watching my wife pull out of the driveway with it, or looking back after parking it. Interior wise the space, comfort and visibility make it a very livable car for any type of driving. Some say it is a "large" car, especially the hood, but I don't get that sense. My 2016GT with the big hood cowl of the original s550 design did feel a bit large, but this car just seems to shrink around me. I don't get a sense of it being overly massive.
Handling is incredible both on and off the track, plenty of grip and steering response is very good. Maybe I don't push the car to the limit at the track, but it's never felt out of control or at its limit of handling. The brakes are superb and inspire a lot of confidence. The sound is... well.... it's the sound. Hard to describe. The uniqueness of the FPC build created something that may never be duplicated again. Every time I get into the car I have a feeling of nervous excitement and anticipation, almost like I was test driving it for the first time. Pushing the start button and hearing that engine roar to life.... wow... is it spring yet?
It's been a joy to drive in all situations.... errands around town, cruising down a country road with no particular place to go, long road trips down south to Tennessee and Kentucky, or on the track at Road America.

I don't plan on selling this car, but I have learned to say "God willing" in all circumstances as we don't know what life has planned for us.
Right now I am just very grateful to be in a position to own and drive this car.
I also want to thank the Mustang 6g community for your friendship and encouragement during all my seasons of ownership, all the questions, advice, etc.

Remember..
"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby.
DSC_0001 2.jpg
Well said! I believe all Mustangs should be driven and enjoyed as well as looked at.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Iā€™m coming on 7 years of ownership this March. 39,xxx miles and loving it. This is the longest Iā€™ve ever owned a car by years. Iā€™ve said the only car Iā€™d sell this for is a GT3 Touring but may end up selling soon to fund my Trans Am build. Itā€™s easy to say Iā€™ll sell though when I canā€™t drive her because of the weather.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What a great thread! I just crossed the 1 year anniversary of owning my 17 R model. I was out of the sports car hobby for many years and got in to Toyota Land cruisers and off roading. The Shelby is an amazing experience EVERY time I get behind the wheel. I still get out in the desert but do it in my old Tacoma. Best of both worlds!
I have a 2024 Bronco on order and am looking forward to doing some "light" off roading with it. No serious rock crawling, but definitely off the beaten path. My Son lives in Reno Nevada (has a Toyota 4 Runner) and want to take a trip out west to do some driving there.

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Great post OP. I think you nailed it.

Last Monday was my cars 6 year anniversary. Cant believe its been that long as it seems like yesterday since my genuine excitement for this car has never wavered since new. Shes got 14K on her now and has been an absolute joy to drive. Original engine and it runs strong.
Uses VERY little oil. Just sent my latest oil sample in to Blackstone for analysis (first time), and it came back fantastic. I was really curious about what it would show. But levels were very low throughout the range and Blackstone said car measured GREAT. So...I guess I'll keep it. Honestly, it would break my heart to sell this car. Its just such a well sorted and exciting piece of engineering.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

Remember..
DSC_0001 2.jpg
Congratulations Lorne, and well said indeed!

Although I donā€™t own a GT350, I do own two 2023 Mach 1s and love ā€˜em to death so I get it.

Truth be told although my Machs are probably all I can handle or need on the street (I donā€™t do track), there is no doubt I would have a 350 if I could have bought one brand new in ā€˜23. My OCD just wonā€™t allow me to buy a used one at this point. A hard lesson learned with my first wifeā€¦

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Congratulations Lorne, and well said indeed!

Although I donā€™t own a GT350, I do own two 2023 Mach 1s and love ā€˜em to death so I get it.

Truth be told although my Machs are probably all I can handle or need on the street (I donā€™t do track), there is no doubt I would have a 350 if I could have bought one brand new in ā€˜23. My OCD just wonā€™t allow me to buy a used one at this point. A hard lesson learned with my first wifeā€¦
You got your first wife used?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec