3D Printed Oil Funnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ok, I said I want one. After seeing all the responses, I also want to buy stock in them!
Sponsored

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Thanks to everyone whose shown interest in both the oil drain guide, and the oil funnel! The sheer number of PM's I've received has been crazy and its hard to keep up. I appreciate everyones patience in helping me bring something useful to the community.

My current bottleneck is printing capacity (13.5 hrs for the filter funnel, and 9 hrs for the regular funnel.) After thinking about how I want to sell these pieces, I've decided I'm going to start by selling them as a pair for $65 plus shipping (usually $7). With selling only pairs at first it'll make promised delivery times predictable as I'll be able to knock out one set per day. Once I'm able to fulfill all the orders for the combo, then I'll start selling the pieces individually (I'll be sure to update this and the other thread, so match sure you're watching the thread and setup to receive notifications.)

If you're interested in purchasing the combo, please send me a PM with your shipping info. I'll be selling them on a first come first served basis.

I have 2 full sets printed and ready to ship today, then after that It'll be one set per day. Some pieces will be black, some orange, and some clear (which comes out as almost an opaque white, but I think it looks cool.) If you have a specific preference of color, let me know, I'll do my best to accommodate color requests, but I can tell you orange will probably be limited to 4 sets.

Mods, if I need to become a sponsor in order to be able to advertise these for sale, I'm happy to become one. I looked on the forum for how to become a sponsor, but I couldn't find any info.

Thanks again to everyone for your interest and patience!

IMG_5912.jpeg

Last edited:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thanks to everyone whose shown interest in both the oil drain guide, and the oil funnel! The sheer number of PM's I've received has been crazy and its hard to keep up. I appreciate everyones patience in helping me bring something useful to the community.

My current bottleneck is printing capacity (13.5 hrs for the filter funnel, and 9 hrs for the regular funnel.) After thinking about how I want to sell these pieces, I've decided I'm going to start by selling them as a pair for $65 plus shipping (usually $7). With selling only pairs at first it'll make promised delivery times predictable as I'll be able to knock out one set per day. Once I'm able to fulfill all the orders for the combo, then I'll start selling the pieces individually (I'll be sure to update this and the other thread, so match sure you're watching the thread and setup to receive notifications.)

If you're interested in purchasing the combo, please post a "PM sent" on this or the other thread, https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-oil-filter-funnel.162885/page-4#post-3321173 . Then send me a PM with your shipping info. That way, it'll be easy for me to keep track of everyones place in line. Sorry if this seems archaic, but for now I think it's the best way for me to keep track of everything. I'll be selling them on a first come first served basis, so being able to view the time stamps on these threads will be helpful.

I have 2 full sets printed and ready to ship today, then after that It'll be one set per day. Some pieces will be black, some orange, and some clear (which comes out as almost an opaque white, but I think it looks cool.) If you have a specific preference of color, let me know, I'll do my best to accommodate color requests, but I can tell you orange will probably be limited to 4 sets.

Mods, if I need to become a sponsor in order to be able to advertise these for sale, I'm happy to become one. I looked on the forum for how to become a sponsor, but I couldn't find any info.

Thanks again to everyone for your interest and patience!

IMG_5912.jpeg
PM sent

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
PM Sent

Sponsored

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
I’m in, even if I have no use for the filter funnel.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Great idea. Try adding the tabs like the fill cap has so you have to twist and lock it into place. Then you know it won't move if you decide to rest the bottle on top while it drains.
A few updates to share:

1. I have finally worked through the backlog of members buying combo packs, and am now selling the pieces individually on a first come first served basis. So, if you'd like an individual piece, send me a PM and I'll add you to the list. To date I've sent 25 sets into the wild, and the feedback has been great thus far! Pricing is as follows:
-$45 + Shipping for the oil filter guide
-$25 + Shipping for the pressure fit oil funnel
-$30 + Shipping for the twist to lock oil funnel (and because I'm immature I'm going
to refer to this funnel as the "screw and lube.")
-$65 + Shipping for the filter guide and pressure fit funnel

2. @Gearz was kind enough to lend his design skill to design a funnel that twists on and seals exactly like an oil cap (aka, the Screw and Lube). Click on the video below to see both funnels in action. They take oil as fast as you can get it out of the bottle.

3. @Gearz and I have been working on oil filter guide prototypes for the spin-on filter people. The first prototype is on the printer now and I think we'll have a polished model in the next week or so(assuming @THX 138 can test it out for me and vouch that it works on his car.). So, if you're in the spin on group and would like to be put on the waiting list, please send me a PM to reserve your place in line. @footnfan . . . I haven't forgotten about you. You're first in line!

Thanks again to my first 25 customers, and all of the people that have sent kind messages of support. This journey has been a lot of fun and I look forward to keeping the printer busy for as long as people want to buy these things!

IMG_5894.jpeg

IMG_6070.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
A few updates to share:

1. I have finally worked through the backlog of members buying combo packs, and am now selling the pieces individually on a first come first served basis. So, if you'd like an individual piece, send me a PM and I'll add you to the list. To date I've sent 25 sets into the wild, and the feedback has been great thus far! Pricing is as follows:
-$45 + Shipping for the oil filter guide
-$25 + Shipping for the pressure fit oil funnel
-$30 + Shipping for the twist to lock oil funnel (and because I'm immature I'm going
to refer to this funnel as the "screw and lube.")
-$65 + Shipping for the filter guide and pressure fit funnel

2. @Gearz was kind enough to lend his design skill to design a funnel that twists on and seals exactly like an oil cap (aka, the Screw and Lube). Click on the video below to see both funnels in action. They take oil as fast as you can get it out of the bottle.

3. @Gearz and I have been working on oil filter guide prototypes for the spin-on filter people. The first prototype is on the printer now and I think we'll have a polished model in the next week or so(assuming @THX 138 can test it out for me and vouch that it works on his car.). So, if you're in the spin on group and would like to be put on the waiting list, please send me a PM to reserve your place in line. @footnfan . . . I haven't forgotten about you. You're first in line!

Thanks again to my first 25 customers, and all of the people that have sent kind messages of support. This journey has been a lot of fun and I look forward to keeping the printer busy for as long as people want to buy these things!

IMG_5894.jpeg

IMG_6070.jpeg
Hey man, congratz on the success. I haven’t heard back from the PM’s I’ve sent you.

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Wow!
It arrived today. I am extremely happy with it. This is a seriously well thought out and produced tool. It far exceeded my expectations too , with an O-Ring seal and not just a funnel but it has a cap on the top and and twist to lock cap on the bottom, so the whole thing stays clean between oil changes. And of course the fit on the rocker cover is perfect. This is a GREAT bit of kit. If you have a GT and intend doing your own oil changes or even for any top ups between changes you need this.

Thank you once again for being so helpful and going to the trouble of sending it so far south
Cheers John 😄👍🏻🏁🥂
C264A18E-23A9-476C-9392-26A70C375F35.jpeg
38209613-1D21-4914-9C27-6D7031D8481D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.