GT350 Oil Change DIY With 3D Printed Parts - Video Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
For those of you who don't know, last fall I set out to make an oil filter guide and oil funnel to make my life easier for the 7'ish oil changes I do a year on my 350. After selling a few hundred of these sets and being asked numerous times if I could make an oil change DIY video, I finally had an opportunity to throw one together today. I hope someone finds it useful.

For those of you that have already purchased a set of 3D printed oil change gear for your car, Thank You so very much! For those of you that would like to buy a set, feel free to reply to this thread or send me a PM.

Sponsored

Last edited:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Make one for the GT!

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Make one for the GT!
We’re in the process of making one for the Mach 1 that’ll come out through the belly pan trap door. After thats complete, we’ll modify it for the older GT350’s and GT’s. Don’t worry…. your time’s a comin!

wldtang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I bought this setup a couple of months. Great product, well made, and worked perfect.

Sponsored

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Thanks for the tutorial — video’s worth a thousand words :)! Actually looking forward to doing the oil change…after first track event (and my oil filter actually shows up!). Question — how much oil typically comes out? Need to get a bigger drain pan since the car holds 10 quarts.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Thanks for the tutorial — video’s worth a thousand words :)! Actually looking forward to doing the oil change…after first track event (and my oil filter actually shows up!). Question — how much oil typically comes out? Need to get a bigger drain pan since the car holds 10 quarts.
You’ll only get a 1/4 - 1/2 quart or so to come out from the oil filter housing…. It’s not much. As you said, you’ll get about 10 quarts total.

You wouldn’t be the first person to drain their 10 quarts of oil into a too small oil pan :)

Goodluck, and let me know if you have any questions.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I sat at the bartop in our kitchen and had a plate of hot meatloaf, corn and french fries, all slathered in beef gravy while watching most of the video. I then finished watching with a gigantic bowl of chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream.

Better than going to the movies.

I really like to see this kind of thing. Being creative and figuring out a way to make technology work for you and then giving others the opportunity to share in what you've accomplished. Everybody benefits. Great job my friend and I really mean that.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I can attest that the guide and the funnel are Top Notch… well done Pilot Gore…. Works like a charm!!!!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I sat at the bartop in our kitchen and had a plate of hot meatloaf, corn and french fries, all slathered in beef gravy while watching most of the video. I then finished watching with a gigantic bowl of chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream.

Better than going to the movies.

I really like to see this kind of thing. Being creative and figuring out a way to make technology work for you and then giving others the opportunity to share in what you've accomplished. Everybody benefits. Great job my friend and I really mean that.
Ha, you’re too much. It makes me wanna throw some production value into the next video :)

In all seriousness, Thanks for saying that Tob. Means a lot coming from you! Afterall, I just make some silly little plastic pieces…. You’re the freaking genius that invented the caliperfextion caliper studs and extenders that THOUSANDS of us use and enjoy regularly!

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I can attest that the guide and the funnel are Top Notch… well done Pilot Gore…. Works like a charm!!!!!!
Thanks DP!

The best part of this whole endeavor has been getting to connect with owners all over the country as I hand deliver some of this stuff. I mean, how else would I have been able to check out an electron microscope on a guided tour of a place I never knew existed??? Pretty freakin cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.