Sponsored

350R Rear wing, Real carbon fiber? Chime in..

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
that's what I was thinking also.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You're comparing the weight of a CF wing to landscaping knowledge?... Dude, really?!
Seems obvious to me...

He was saying that because he probably realized some people (like me) might be thinking he's puny or something and that's why the wing seemed heavy to him. I was wondering how tiny he was, but I knew I shouldn't post anything about it. If he's a mason I know he isn't too puny.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Seems obvious to me...

He was saying that because he probably realized some people (like me) might be thinking he's puny or something and that's why the wing seemed heavy to him. I was wondering how tiny he was, but I knew I shouldn't post anything about it. If he's a mason I know he isn't too puny.
Lol... Spoken like a true man who can't fit into Recaros cause she is Paul Bunyan. :cheers:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lol... Spoken like a true man who can't fit into Recaros cause she is Paul Bunyan. :cheers:
Yah, I'm a lot larger than you. :cheers:

OP
OP

NicksM3

Trak Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3 Competition
I am loving my R... I can't imagine a better Ford product has ever been made. Without a doubt this is the most exhilarating car I have ever had the privilege to own.
That is just amazing, I'm happy for you man and everyone else that is lucky enough to currently be part of this experience.. R's and non R's. After i drove it at my favorite track I was sold.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
My HCM replica is fiberglass and is slightly larger than the R spoiler and it weighs in at about 11 pounds. I would expect the carbon fiber R wing to be less weight than that. The advantage of the carbon fiber is increased stiffness at a lower weight. I had the opportunity to spend some time with a GT350R at the Chicago Auto Show and the factory spoiler is noticeably stiffer than the fiberglass version I have on my car.
No way the factory R wing is even close to 25 pounds.

dbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Yes, it's real CF. I know the supplier who produces it and have talked to them about producing a bare carbon version. Definitely more cost effective to have a small shop do a knock off.

Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Yes, it's real CF. I know the supplier who produces it and have talked to them about producing a bare carbon version. Definitely more cost effective to have a small shop do a knock off.
Who is that?

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I am loving my R... I can't imagine a better Ford product has ever been made. Without a doubt this is the most exhilarating car I have ever had the privilege to own.
I concur and I've owned a fair share of various performance cars.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I was at Limerock last year for the test drive event, so i was toto pick up the 350R Display wing at one of the stations.....and it was literally 40-45lbs. I know CArbon fiber is lightweight because i have functional aero pieces on my track car, but this thing was HEAVY!!! Can anyone with a 350R chime in? or anyone that actually knows that its truly Carbon? Thanks.
"real carbon fiber?" As opposed to fake carbon fiber? ; )
Sponsored