Sponsored

34th Annual All American Day

GTCONVERT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT Convertible (24th June 2016)
Thanks so much..first Ingot Silver Aus pics I have seen and am VERY HAPPY I chose that colour by the looks of it in the photos. Odd ball question but did the convertible have the fold down rear seat and did it have child restraint hooks in the back of seats or boot ? Thanks in advance...
Sponsored

OP
OP

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Thanks so much..first Ingot Silver Aus pics I have seen and am VERY HAPPY I chose that colour by the looks of it in the photos. Odd ball question but did the convertible have the fold down rear seat and did it have child restraint hooks in the back of seats or boot ? Thanks in advance...
The Ingot Silver certainly looks very smart.
I think it would look good with the black wheels.

Can't answer your question re the rear seats and child restraint hooks in the convertible.

The convertible was privately owned by a woman, I think named Jenny.
It was the first Mustang delivered by Clancy Motors at Bathurst.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
did you order the black rims or silver ones?????

:cheers:
Hi Gurdeep, I got the standard black rims. They are coming off tuesday and I am fitting Stance SC5 black machine face .I will post photos as as possible. Also fitting magnaflow axleback exhaust tues. Going to be busy day.I have also put my new racered engine cover and carbon fibre coil covers on . I am very happy with them.I will post photos when all is complete. regards phil.

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
Hi Gurdeep, I got the standard black rims. They are coming off tuesday and I am fitting Stance SC5 black machine face .I will post photos as as possible. Also fitting magnaflow axleback exhaust tues. Going to be busy day.I have also put my new racered engine cover and carbon fibre coil covers on . I am very happy with them.I will post photos when all is complete. regards phil.
Cheers mate and also tell us your feedback of your new mustang

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
Hi Race Red GT

Did you pick your car up today, (Monday 18/01/16)?

How was the general Build Quality, Panel Alignment, Paint Work etc?

When you have time, any changes of some photos and a bit of a report re your thoughts.

I am waiting on a Race Red Fastback GT also.

Thanks
Graeme
Hi Graeme,I did pick up car ,very happy with everything.Back window glass alignment is perfect to my eye.Hood needs minor adjust one side.Small blotch on paint on hood but I feel it will polish out ok.Car is awesome.Occasionly I would see 5k on tach but it gets there so fast.It is an auto but I am rapt with its feel in sport mode.Throttle blips on downshift are nice also.When I have a couple of thous km's up this car it will be awesome with the boot in,cant wait!I could not be happier with this car.So much tech stuff to play with,display info etc.Only got back 6pm from Bathurst mon big day tues ,new wheels tyres exhaust will post pics when done,regards Phil.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Hi Graeme,I did pick up car ,very happy with everything.Back window glass alignment is perfect to my eye.Hood needs minor adjust one side.Small blotch on paint on hood but I feel it will polish out ok.Car is awesome.Occasionly I would see 5k on tach but it gets there so fast.It is an auto but I am rapt with its feel in sport mode.Throttle blips on downshift are nice also.When I have a couple of thous km's up this car it will be awesome with the boot in,cant wait!I could not be happier with this car.So much tech stuff to play with,display info etc.Only got back 6pm from Bathurst mon big day tues ,new wheels tyres exhaust will post pics when done,regards Phil.

Thanks for the reply.
Glad you are happy with your car.
Can't wait to get mine in June/July.
Enjoy.
Graeme

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi Muzstang,could you briefly tell me how to attach photos,Thanks .Prev I have used IMGUR to make an http address.Is this the only way please?Thanks Phil.

Click 'go advanced' when replying, then there is a paperclip above the text box.
Click that, then you can upload photos straight to the message.
Make sure you click upload in the little window that pops up.
Click preview post

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
The Ingot Silver plus silver wheel looks great. Very stylish.

GTCONVERT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT Convertible (24th June 2016)
The Ingot Silver plus silver wheel looks great. Very stylish.
Thats what I thought sight unseen when I ordered. Ingot Silver convertible with nickel lustre wheels was my decision and after seeing the hardtop one in previous pictures all my fears of this combination have been eliminated. Now if only Ford can get me my car asap...

Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
I also met Ford's new global Mustang engineer later in the day. Complained to him of the delays in production, he mentioned that the RHD GT has a specific exhaust manifold that is in short supply!!
This is the bit that bothers me most and I've seen it crop up before. If it is indeed one part that is slowing the RHD GT's down in production, then why don't Ford prioritise this and do something about it?

I think in today's day and age, a 'short supply' of an exhaust manifold casting is inexcusable. If it's not plant capacity that is slowing things down, and it's just a part of the car, then they should be doing everything they can to increase the supply of that part.

:frusty:

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
I think in today's day and age, a 'short supply' of an exhaust manifold casting is inexcusable. If it's not plant capacity that is slowing things down, and it's just a part of the car, then they should be doing everything they can to increase the supply of that part.

Well Said!

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
I have also heard that there are supply issues with RHD windscreens, wheels and door handles. There are also rumours that RHD paint, door rubbers and spark plugs are in short supply. Can anyone confirm the truth of these rumours? I'm pointing to the lack of a S550 in my garage as evidence.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dont forget the stripes! Probably being sent over for the first shipment cars in someones boot!

Muztang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is the bit that bothers me most and I've seen it crop up before. If it is indeed one part that is slowing the RHD GT's down in production, then why don't Ford prioritise this and do something about it?

I agree, it is ridiculous, but was told it was supplier issue, overall they seem to be prioritising LHD production, though was told the ecoboost does not have the same problem as is the same in terms of exhaust manifold etc as the LHD version. Was told Australia will be getting a shipment per fortnight, while UK shipments are weekly from the US.
Sponsored