305’s enough?

JK XLR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JK
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Roushcharged
South Florida guy here.....also have the stage 2 roush. Went with the below as its a daily driver, lots of rain....they do extremely well.

EXTREMECONTACT SPORT - SIZE: 305/35ZR20
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
That I can agree with totally. So MT over Nitto then?
Yes and no. Nitto R2 is better on a daily driver, especially in the rain. MT Street R is way better for traction on dry days. I don't daily my car, and only driven on nice days so Street R's are the only answer for me. There is always a compromise. That needs to be analyzed carefully.

OP
OP
Proshop

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Yes and no. Nitto R2 is better on a daily driver, especially in the rain. MT Street R is way better for traction on dry days. I don't daily my car, and only driven on nice days so Street R's are the only answer for me. There is always a compromise. That needs to be analyzed carefully.
Definitely lots of variables to look into!

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT

They make MT ET Street S. They are great balance between the super slick Street Rs and a less aggressive tire

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
They make MT ET Street S. They are great balance between the super slick Street Rs and a less aggressive tire
Yes, in my opinion between the R2 and Street R. Less wet traction than the R2, but better dry.
Less dry traction, but better for rain than the street R.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Proshop

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Yes, in my opinion between the R2 and Street R. Less wet traction than the R2, but better dry.
Less dry traction, but better for rain than the street R.
Well they don’t offer an street R in the wheel size I’m looking at currently. They do Offer a 315/30r 17 that I could possibly look at getting some VMS or weld wheels as a combo. But once again it’s has a smaller sidewall ratio then I really wanted to go with.

OP
OP
Proshop

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I’m not really overly concerned about rain. It is my daily but I drive half a mile across the street to work and then back home. So unless I’m out cruising for some races or driving to go get e85 I don’t travel much. Had the car for 11 months and it has 3500 miles on it.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
MT over the Nitto all day and 2x on Sunday for "straight line acceleration".

I have MT ET Street SS in 305/35r18 and they hook ~800whp for me from a 2nd roll. They will not hold my 900 setting.

however, the MT likes to move around on you some at speed ... they will feel less "planted" than the Nitto.

OP
OP
Proshop

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

I have MT ET Street SS in 305/35r18 and they hook ~800whp for me from a 2nd roll. They will not hold my 900 setting.

however, the MT likes to move around on you some at speed ... they will feel less "planted" than the Nitto.
Great info! Thank you!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I have come across a MT 325 that will fit on a 10.5 wheel. I have to upgrade the rears no matter what and a 10.5 is a lot easy to find then an 11.5 for a 345. My concern with the 325 is the side wall at a 30…

FC9D573D-489F-4396-AABC-C63E71CBD37D.jpeg
I had 325/30/19's on 19X11's and they fit fine.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
They hook pretty well? No issues with a shorter aspect ratio of sidewall?
The ones I had that size were regular summer radials. They spun a lot.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
You are not going to putting low enough psi and enough wrinkle in the tire to really notice more sidewall imo. Sure you don't want rubber bands on there but sidewall is not going to help you unless you are getting some serious track already. Enough to compress it and get more tire on the ground.

OP
OP
Proshop

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
You are not going to putting low enough psi and enough wrinkle in the tire to really notice more sidewall imo. Sure you don't want rubber bands on there but sidewall is not going to help you unless you are getting some serious track already. Enough to compress it and get more tire on the ground.
Great knowledge there! Yeah I’m probably no where near the tq/hp to wrinkle/crinkle the sidewall to really care. I more care about being able to hook through the gears so my old lady will stop bitching every time the car slides just a little as we take a hard hit in the car!

OP
OP
Proshop

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

Any thoughts on why the MT’s like to move around at speed? Got the MT ET SS And sure enough they do exactly what you said they would do. It’s not horrible but definitely makes it feel a little less planned and unstable.
Sponsored