gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Any thoughts on why the MT’s like to move around at speed? Got the MT ET SS And sure enough they do exactly what you said they would do. It’s not horrible but definitely makes it feel a little less planned and unstable.
Yep, for sure. I just ordered a second set and will have them installed next week.

They move around because the sidewall is more flexible than a "ZR" or Y rated "performance" style tire.

The MT has a softer sidewall to aid in straight-line traction.

You get used to it... but it can be a little weird feeling at first.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Any thoughts on why the MT’s like to move around at speed? Got the MT ET SS And sure enough they do exactly what you said they would do. It’s not horrible but definitely makes it feel a little less planned and unstable.
M/T's are really not a sustained high speed tire. They are are for A to B straight line drag racing. The Nitto R2's won't move around like the M/T's do, but they won't give you the same traction either. Always a compromise.

OP
OP
Proshop

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
M/T's are really not a sustained high speed tire. They are are for A to B straight line drag racing. The Nitto R2's won't move around like the M/T's do, but they won't give you the same traction either. Always a compromise.
So I have noticed. Had the Nitto’s previously and definitely never felt what I feel with the MT’s at higher speed but the MT’s definitely seem to hold the power better of the get go. I rarely do any highway driving unless I’m going racing so most of the time when I drive the car stays under 55mph. It definitely is gonna take some getting use to thou and obviously hope they don’t cause the rear end to get lose and fishtail. Don’t wanna take any crowds out ! 🤣

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My 305/45/17 SS's do not sway or fishtail at all. 22-23psi cold normal, 18psi cold when I want to play hard.

They will be getting replaced with 555Rll's when the time comes as well.

OP
OP
Proshop

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
My 305/45/17 SS's do not sway or fishtail at all. 22-23psi cold normal, 18psi cold when I want to play hard.

They will be getting replaced with 555Rll's when the time comes as well.
I run mine around 26 psi cold. Maybe I should take a little more out… 🤔

So your gonna go from MT’s to Nitto’s? Any reason why?
Sponsored