swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So there’s a good puddle on the garage floor. I’ve got other older vehicles that leak (the worse offender right now is a LT1 C4 with a lot of miles) so I don’t get too worked up but a brand new Mustang that hasn’t even made it to it’s first oil change shouldn’t be marking its spot yet.

Whip the car up in the air to take a look. No idea even where things are but it doesn’t take long to find the oil filter. Grab it and it’s a little loose. Suspect caught red handed. Cleaned things up and hand tightened it up.

aBbpt3k_d.jpg

Now the question is should I even bother saying anything to the dealer when it goes in for it’s first service?
Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I would have them document it, that's just me though.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
That was a factory screw up - obviously they didn't torque that down adequately.

Brettski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A 6MT PP2 RR Active Exhaust
So my 2019 GT PP2 developed a spot of oil in the garage. Took it to dealer and they tightened the oil filter and added an indicator dye to the engine and cleaned up the oil that had puddled in the undershield. Said to bring it back in 300 miles and they would see if any new oil had leaked. So today I took it back in and they said it definitely has a leak, not the oil filter. They’ve got to remove some stuff and take pictures and send them to Ford for further instructions. I get a loaner on Monday. I’m afraid this is going to take a while.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So my 2019 GT PP2 developed a spot of oil in the garage. Took it to dealer and they tightened the oil filter and added an indicator dye to the engine and cleaned up the oil that had puddled in the undershield. Said to bring it back in 300 miles and they would see if any new oil had leaked. So today I took it back in and they said it definitely has a leak, not the oil filter. They’ve got to remove some stuff and take pictures and send them to Ford for further instructions. I get a loaner on Monday. I’m afraid this is going to take a while.
That stinks. Hopefully it is just a gasket. How many miles?

Sponsored

Brettski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That stinks. Hopefully it is just a gasket. How many miles?
Hopefully! I noticed the leak around 5500 miles or so. Engine runs fine though. Never would have noticed except for the spot on the ground.

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the same oil leak issues with my PP2. Taking to the dealer this week to investigate... a little over 3k on the odometer.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check the OPS (oil pressure switch) - it should be located above the oil filter.

This is a known issue where some folks have found the sender to be loose.

Just tighten it, spray down entire affected area with either Carb Cleaner, Brakeleen or even Simple Green - rinse, dry all areas to be sure there is no residual oil left and then check again for any leaks.

Brettski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am having the same oil leak issues with my PP2. Taking to the dealer this week to investigate... a little over 3k on the odometer.
My dealer took two attempts to fix this. First time they just tightened the oil filter. It still leaked but not as bad. The second time they replaced the oil filter and changed the oil for free. Not a drop has leaked since. In this case it seems it was a malfunctioning oil filter seal. Hope that’s the case for you.

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer took two attempts to fix this. First time they just tightened the oil filter. It still leaked but not as bad. The second time they replaced the oil filter and changed the oil for free. Not a drop has leaked since. In this case it seems it was a malfunctioning oil filter seal. Hope that’s the case for you.
Finally had the chance to take my car into the dealership. Add another tick mark for a loose oil filter! They did an oil change. Fingers crossed that this is the culprit and not an oil pan seal.
Sponsored