Sponsored

3 TSB's on the 2015 - pic included

4cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Maybe FordService can look into their "Resources" ???
Sponsored

AngryBeavers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black gt
I'm getting my oil done on Saturday. I will ask about this when I go in.

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
For those curious about the exhaust TSB:

I spoke to Leroy from Ford Service today. He called to tell me my TSB parts for my brakes have been delayed. I was more curious about the TSB regarding the exhaust leak. I told him my exhaust still rattles upon start-up and I kindly requested info on the TSB regarding the exhaust leak I saw on here. I told him there might be correlation between my exhaust rattle and this new exhaust TSB. He asked me to give him the TSB number of what I was talking about and he then asked if I indeed had the 5.0 engine. I was able to give him the TSB number thanks to this thread. I asked him to read the TSB info to me. I was hoping the TSB would be related to rattling or at least mention rattling. He typed in the TSB number for the exhaust leak and he said the symptoms would be exhaust leakage near the round flange clamp and the corrective measure in the TSB calls for the technician to inspect that the bolts to the round flange are tight and that the mating surface is not deformed in any way. He said this is done by pulling back the exhaust system off the hangers to inspect the round flange where the exhaust system mates. In the end, Leroy said he would dig into this TSB further to see whether rattling is a symptom not written explicitly in the TSB.

The last time I changed oil, I deliberately inspected my exhaust system due to the rattling and did not find any exhaust leakage or loose connections as I crawled underneath the car. The dealership found no exceptions with my exhaust system either. I read someone in this thread had this same TSB performed and had their exhaust flange damaged by the dealership upon inspection so I am hesitant to have the TSB inspection performed. The next time I change my oil, I will concentrate my attention to the round flange area for exceptions, however.
I forget to update my thread, but I was having the same issue as you. When I put my Ford Racing Cat back on, I noticed that the coupler connecting header to the exhaust had become unclipped and loose. When I put my new exhaust on I overtightened the bolts tighter than the reccomended torque setting, and now my rattle is gone.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I forget to update my thread, but I was having the same issue as you. When I put my Ford Racing Cat back on, I noticed that the coupler connecting header to the exhaust had become unclipped and loose. When I put my new exhaust on I overtightened the bolts tighter than the reccomended torque setting, and now my rattle is gone.
Hey, thanks man! I'll be sure to really tighten that round clamp down the next time I'm underneath. Right now, my exhaust only has that one round flange clamp since I did the resonator delete and had a H-pipe welded in instead of clamped. I hope that does the trick! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Thanks for the pic. Was yours in bad shape?

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
No problem. No mine was ok as far as I know but leaked after they tested for the leak lol. Does that make sense?
Sounds about right. I think I'll fix my own instead :lol:

Sponsored

Mellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
what are the symptons of the exhaust leak? Are we talking noise, fumes in the cabin or what?

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Who could get tired of seeing a new Mustang? Let me know if you need further assistance on my end. I'll look into my resources. Just send me a PM. :thumbsup:

Jeff
my dealer had mine 86 days +1day now, they are sick of it:cheers:

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT